Thread: Toilet won't hold water!

Default Toilet won't hold water!

I have a 93 Liberty with air operated toilet that will no longer hold water. Functions fine but wife says I must fix! Any ideas? After inspecting it looks like the flapper does not close completely. Any adjustments? Thanks jimmie

If it is a Microphor, there is a small threaded attachment that operates the flapper. You need to remove a small c-clip on the plastic pin that retains the threaded actuator. You can then run the actuator in a few turns to put more force on the flapper. Also make sure there is not any debris between the rubber seal and the area it contacts on the bowl.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

There is a seal that is sold that actually adheres to the inside perimeter of the flap. I talked to the manufacturer of the flap but have unfortunately forgotten the name. The toilet does not have to be disassembled for its installation. You flush the system and then turn off the electrical supply while it is open and then peel off the old strip and replace with the new disc. In the interim period of time, I have been spraying the flap with silicon periodically and it seals well.
    Pres

It is a Microphor and I tried to clean around the flap but no joy. I got the manual out and it looks like I have to remove the toilet to adjust the actuator. Thanks for the hints! Jimmie

Jimmy,

I think the problem becomes compounded when they leak down and the rubber dries out. At least that was my theory when this happened to mine about 2.5 years ago. I tried cleaning, silicone, cleaning, silicone, over and over and it did not work. I finally coated the rubber gasket with some vaseline and that did work. Held great for another 2.5 years. I don't know if it helped re-hydrate the seal or what. All I cared was it worked.

Interestingly enough, mine is leaking again now. Just tried the vaseline trick again and if that won't work for round 2, will probably have to go with some sort of replacement/adjustment.

WILL THE REPLACEMENT BE A NEW COACH?????
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES