Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED interior light upgrade

Thanks look forward to hearing from you, Liberty said they had to change the lens and the mounting plate in order to get leds on the outside guess that is why the high price!

Thanks to everyone for the info. We'll probably have Marathon install them this week.

Default MarineBeam

I have been looking at marinebeam.com as they have "constant current" bulbs that protect against the wide range of voltages in RVs and boats. They make T5 bulbs that pop right in to the 12V flourescent fixtures. You just disconnect the old (often broken) ballast.

We have done a handful of these with great results. They are dimmable, providing the right LED is used. Pricing is all over the map since most of the different bulb types, sizes, sockets, shapes, and so on are new to the market. Fortunately though the prices are going down, not up, and that doesn't happen very often.... We do ceiling LEDs for 18 bucks each installed on any make or model coach.

My opinion would be for amperage and longevity alone it is worth it....

Safe and well-lit travels,

Pat Sprenger
    Coach Pro LLC

I'm doing mine now. I use these lights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110856235473...84.m1439.l2649 The price is right $15 for 10! Do get the "warm white" ones. In a stare and compare I can't tell the difference in color between these and the originals. I've had to reverse the wiring on most lamp modules because LEDs are polarity sensitive. I did have one LED break where the module leads solder to the circuit board. Overall I'm pleased, but have only done a few so far. These ONLY dim one level instead of the 6 or so levels the halogens dimmed.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Before I start prying, how do you get the little pucks open (or down) the proper way?

To remove the lens on most round recessed ceiling lights I have seen, it is a push and twist clock-wise arrangement. After the lens is removed there the fixture itself will be help in by small screws, typically into the plywood ceiling. For bulb replacement only the lens will have to come off... If you have halogen bulbs now, make darn sure they have been off and have cooled before touching them.

Best,

Pat Sprenger
    Coach Pro LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Pro LLC View Post
    To remove the lens on most round recessed ceiling lights I have seen, it is a push and twist clock-wise arrangement. After the lens is removed there the fixture itself will be help in by small screws, typically into the plywood ceiling. For bulb replacement only the lens will have to come off... If you have halogen bulbs now, make darn sure they have been off and have cooled before touching them.

Best,

Pat Sprenger
    Coach Pro LLC
    Thanks Pat, some of these are so corroded they don't come apart easy .. but I did find one that opened eventually, so now i know how to get them apart - when they want to come apart that is ..