Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED interior light upgrade

Default LED interior light upgrade

Has anyone upgraded the interior lights from tungsten to LED? I'm thinking about having it done and was wondering if there were any drawbacks.

James have you done the outside yet?

Millenium did my coach last year. They give off a whiter light. All seems well so far.

I have a friend who did it to his coach; he loves them. They are a little expensive considering there are about 40 inside the average coach. My buddy loves to have it cold inside his coach and that is one of the reasons he went with LEDs. They don't get hot like the little halogen bulbs do.

And like tpr said, they give off a whiter light.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

What is the cost to do the inside and the outside average?

I have recently changed all the inside halogen bulbs to LED. My fixtures on all but 5 bulbs were the sideways pinning G-4 bulb and I found them at of all places Lowes. It is a a rectangular bulb that has 3 rows of 4 led pucks, they have great light output no heat and have seen large drop on the amp gauge they are even dimable. Cost was 8 dollars and change and use your lowes card and get an additional 5%. Took several stores to rangle up the numbers needed but well worth the trouble, they are in the light bulb aisle in the LED section. The other 5 were a little toughfer same 2 pin G-4 style but a straight push in bulb that has been harder to find and much more costly but they are out there. This was done changing bulbs not fixtures which is pretty pricey with so many light in the coach. Bill
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

At Liberty they said the price to change the outside lights to LED 200.00 ea, they have to change the fixture, thought that sounded a bit high at 16-20 lights!, Bill where did you end up finding the straight push in bulbs?

Bill does your system use a dimmer for the lights? I have been warned that the current LED's will not work with voltage based dimmers, which I believe is what Marathon uses in our coach?

Ray, a couple years ago Ben Cummins updated our lighting system with a Spider control board that has the abbility to dim each light from any and every switch. I never use the feature on pourpose but it does work. Ben said low voltage was a death sentence for LED bulbs but the package claims dimable and they will. Bill
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

Gary, I tried 3 bulbs in the bedroom that I found at Home Depot that worked but I not overly thrilled and they were more expensive about 13.75 I think,. Have a buddy in Florence Al that has done a lot of homework and changed most if not all of his inside bulbs in his 01 XLII Liberty dealing with the Asian sources on Ebay at great priceing and I have gotten a couple from him and I like much better. He is planning on being in MB next week and I will try to find out more. I have gotten two different bulbs from him 1 was an 18 puck straight push in and the other a 15 puck that was slightly shorter. In some fixtures it gives the look of little chandliers kinda neet, will keep you postede. Bill
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche