Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest turn-off when buying a coach...

Default Biggest turn-off when buying a coach...

Most of us have purchased several MH/coaches over the years and I was thinking: what was the biggest turn-off when looking at a coach or MH?

Lack of maintenance records, color schemes, floor plan, cost, poor workmanship, or PRICE?

In other words, what was the deal breaker?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

When we were "looking" we found that all of the buses that we looked at failed for some reason, not necessarily the same. We had budget concerns as well as usage and being complete newbies, we were not sure on many of the details that we had to have vs could either live with or without. It has been an experience that , if done again, would be done somewhat differently but then, isn't that what life is all about, learning through expreience? Good thought to have as a post for those that will either be going forward with their first or "next" coach.

Well the deal was not on a bus but a new Newmar Essex, We negotiated for a couple days and were 3500 apart, this was in 2007 never could do the deal they would not budge and neither would I, a stalemate and on a cash deal! Another dealer came to the right price!

SALESMAN/SALES COMPANY

I will never but again except from an owner direct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, buying a 2009 CC Prevost that had been sitting around for 18 months with Country Coach out of business so the Warranty on the CC parts was worthless was a leap of faith. The Bus was owned by the Bank that provided floorplan financing to Buddy Gregg, also in Bankruptcy at the time. It was located in Texas, I was in Florida. I flew out an expert to survey the thing for a day, and with his report in hand, I flew out to get the bus the next day. I had sold my CC Affinity to Lazy Days in Tampa, and arranged for them to buy the Bus with simultaneous sale to me so I was wireing the money to Lazy Days for the net difference. Did I forget to mention Lazy Days was also operating in Bankruptcy at the time. So there I was, pretty sure the Bus actually was owned by GE Bank so I SHOULD get a title someday, and I was wireing a large sum of money to Lazy Days that they were wireing to GE Bank I hoped, as I signed the Title over to them for my existing Coach. After waiting around for about an hour, the Bank called me and confirmed the money had arrived. Within five minutes, I was in the Bus headed home to Florida excited and relieved. I took the Bus to Lazy Days, and they fixed the few items we had discovered free of charge. They also provided and paid for the travel of the Survey Technician. They sold my Affinity in two weeks. They were great to work with and the "Trade" deal saved me considerable sales tax as well.

What I said before stands except for "KEN" who is the greatest.

Hi Fred,

It looks like everyone came out a winner on that deal.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Well it's not really a deal breaker, but my pet peeve is when the coach isn't emptied and clean. I don't want to spend a lot of money on travel to look at someone's dirty laundry, or closets full of stuff, or basements littered with travel paraphernalia, etc. When folks want to sell a bus they need to empty them out. Make it easy for the buyer to like the thing. Make it easy for the buyer to inspect every drawer, cabinet, and basement bay. Too much stuff littered about is a real distraction and real turn-off.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

A seller or dealer who will not post his asking price gets zero attention from me. If they are ashamed of the asking price, there must be a reason. Price to high, ect.
    A huge turn off for me.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

How about posting asking prices that are so high to be absurd, knowing you will negotiate down to reasonable?