Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest turn-off when buying a coach...

Some turn-offs for me are: Splendie washer/dryer, basement ACs (I like roof ACs better), and dark colors inside. My coach had dark colors inside, but we renovated it last year with lighter, neutral colors. I also would not buy a coach painted black (not that they are not pretty, because they are): black is just too difficult to keep clean!

I also don't like having to remove bay cabinets, panels, etc. to get to batteries or AC units (if they are basement AC). I like everything where I can easily get to it.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Knowing that animals have been in the BUS, zero maintenance records and negoiating w/Dealers .

Salesmen that have never owned a premium level coach are the worst.
    Although I have only purchased 1 Prevost private coach, I have purchased over 30 MCI and Setra seated coaches.
    I only purchase new from the manufacturer or used from the current owner.
    Just don't have time for brokers or salesmen to negotiate their deal.

I know its nothing to be overly concerned about, but the dated interiors and exterior paint schemes . Its very difficult to choose a coach unless you like the paint scheme. The interiors can be redone over time. Ive also prefer the enclosed private bathroom rather than the John being in the open bathroom.
    The generator on the starboard side never made sense to me since thats the side we use the most when parked.
    My coach has the Coach batteries buried in the belly of the coach, that is a real hassle when I need to access, as well as the aux air pump. Not turn offs but
    an inconvienance for maintenace.
    Theres always give and take when choosing a Coach.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

My turn off was being directly lied to about whether the bus "Jed" was in the lot during the 2009 TN flood. Looked in the bays and there was water lines. If the sales man is going to lie at least be totally dishonest and get rid of the water lines. Moved on to the next dealer and was treated like royalty. Honesty is the best policy. And regular maintenance/service records from Prevost all in three ring binders were a huge PLUS. We ended up buying.a retired leased entertainer - very wise decision.
    Last edited by tskrodzki; 06-21-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Salespeople who think they are doing you a favor by talking to you while trying to extract huge sums of money. And I am with Pete, why some dealers spend great effort and cash to market their product, but won't show a price or if they show a price it is 100,000 or more beyond the market is baffling to me. Rarely will I ever call or contact a dealer if they are afraid to price their product.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

When a dealer won't post his asking prices, it is because they are too high! Gas stations don't post their prices when they are higher than the store across the street. I don't like to see this strategy, but I would put more emphasis the coach itself. If I like the coach (colors, floorplan, etc.) I would not hesitate to visit the dealership. However, I would be reluctant to make an offer because the starting point (the asking price) is so much higher.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot