Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Honda Pilot as a Toad

Tuga, you missed one extremely, EXTREMELY important point in the shifting of the gears. DO NOT shift into neutral from reverse!!!!. Honda was very specific about that. Run from Park down the gears to Low, and back up through DRIVE to NEUTRAL. That is the only acceptable pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Tuga, you missed one extremely, EXTREMELY important point in the shifting of the gears. DO NOT shift into neutral from reverse!!!!. Honda was very specific about that. Run from Park down the gears to Low, and back up through DRIVE to NEUTRAL. That is the only acceptable pattern.
    You're right Ray, my bad! That was a biggie; I am going to edit my post just in case someone reads it and not the remaining posts. Thanks again for pointing that out!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Good idea since these comments fell onto the next page ....

Forgot to ask if the Pilots were FWD or AWD? Also, if you install a pump does it matter? Would this be true for other toads?

DonS,

My 2005 Honda Pilot is FWD. If the front wheels start to spin (mud, snow, ice, etc.) then the back wheels automatically engage so that you have 4 WD. There is a button on the dash that will engage all 4 wheels. Mine is not AWD.

Check with Honda about installing the transmission pump; I don't know how that would work. I do have to change the oil in the VTM-4 periodically.

I think that Honda Pilots can be ordered with only FWD! This would be the ticket if you are buying new. My next Pilot will only have FWD if it can be ordered that way. I have never used the 4WD feature; of course, I live in south Louisiana.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot