Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluewater Key - Key West

Can you Key West travelers tell me how the roads are going out.
    Bill Cleverdon

Hi Bill,

The roads were fine. We went south on a Saturday & came back north on a Monday - no issues at all.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Thanks Jamie, I see yall liked Blue Water park, how about others on the way down, maybe in Marathon or closer to Key West.

Bill, the only other RV park closer to Key West is called BOYD'S Campground. BUT, it is very tight maneuvering. There is a difference in the price though compared to BlueWater Key. BlueWater Key RV park is approx. $150 a night. There is Jolly Roger Campground in upper Keys. There is also one that is just south of the 7 mile bridge. Sorry, can't remember the name of it. Will search for it. It is a big park and average.
    Leaving out of Key West on a Sunday evening is not so desirable. Or especially don't leave on a Holiday evening. Heading in to Key West is kind of busy on Friday afternoon.
    As for the condition of the road.... no problem! Most of US 1 is 45 mile a hour.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

The marina in Marathon recently opened a small nice campground. There may be a half dozen sites or so. Most look directly over the water with dock space for an additional fee. There's a new pool next door and just past that a decent bar and restaurant. You can walk to a couple other dining spots and bicycle the upper side of the old 7 mile bridge. For us military retires or DHS employees you can stay cheap at the no thrills sites at Coast Guard station Marathon or Navy Key West.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

OK Jamie, I'm interesed it getting the nitty gritty on agent 1 and agent 2, if you have time PM me. Thanks

Are there any of our POG members here that own a lot a BlueWater Key and interested in renting a week or few days to a POG member? I know there has been POG owners in the past?
    When we return home to Key West, I will go up to the Park and ask about prices right now. God Willing We make it home soon!!
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

Thanks for all the info, we will try to go in late June or after July the 4th. The rate quoted from Blue water was $96 for waterfront this time of year.
    Bill

Default BLUEWATER

We will probably go back in January 2013 have reservations for then, There is a great little place to eat good food and selection, coming out of the campground turn right go across bridge it is on the right at foot of the bridge 1/2 mile walk. Gary

The name of that great little restaurant is "KAYA" on Saddlebunch Key which is also called Baypoint. They do have great food and good atmosphere. Happy Hour bar also.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma