Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluewater Key - Key West

Default Bluewater Key - Key West

Debbie & Caesar & I are on a short "Road Trip" .

Bluewater Key RV Resort - Mile marker 14.5 - Key West.

This place is absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Hi Jamie & Debbie,

We stayed there a few years ago and you're right it is awesome.

Looks like you got one of the premo sites! I think we were in #73 right on the bay side. I could live there year round.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

The weather looks great. Is this time of year a good time to be in that area, no storms, etc.?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

We love Blue Water Key it is our favorite place to go. Have stayed there several times o er the last 5 years and it a top pic for our family. Enjoy your stay in paradise.

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

After spending 1 week in Boyd's, we spent a week in Blue Water this past February. Great place to have some quiet times. At $150-160 per night, also very pricey. The problem at Blue Water is, that it is not near to anything. You have to take the car, always. No matter, where you want to go. So, if quiet times is what you like (and, perhaps, doing some cayaking or swimming, then this is a great place). But for all else, it is not a good location since it is about 12 miles to the Key West townline. Would I go back to Blue Water? Yes, I would but only for a night or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Hiemann View Post
    After spending 1 week in Boyd's, we spent a week in Blue Water this past February. Great place to have some quiet times. At $150-160 per night, also very pricey. The problem at Blue Water is, that it is not near to anything. You have to take the car, always. No matter, where you want to go. So, if quiet times is what you like (and, perhaps, doing some cayaking or swimming, then this is a great place). But for all else, it is not a good location since it is about 12 miles to the Key West townline. Would I go back to Blue Water? Yes, I would but only for a night or two.
    Ronald,

You're right; it is pricey! We only stayed a couple of nights because of the price.

How did Boyd's compare in price to Bluewater?

We stayed 1 night in Marathon and it was $100. At the time, Bluewater was $149 so it was about 50% more. Truth be known, I feel that it was worth it. Bluewater is fantastic! I would definitely go back even with the high price.

The Keys are just expensive, period.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Price is one thing and I do agree that you get what you pay for. So, for the money, we were not disappointed when we stayed at Blue Water. However, Gabi and I like to be active. Walk a lot, bicycle a lot but all within reasons. When we stayed at Boyd's which is 5 miles from Key West, we took our bicycles almost every day and rode them into town. No worries about finding a parking space or paying for it. We walked around town and had fun. At Boyd's, you can even walk to 2 restaurants, which are frequented by locals and turned out to be excellent places for seafood. You can do neither at Blue Water. Unless, you are an Olympic byciclist.... :-) ... My point is, staying at Blue Water, you either stay put or you drive around in your car. If you find nothing wrong with that, that is ok, too. After all, it is your life not mine. About Boyd's, new subject and post. Cheers, Ronald

I thought this post was about Blue Water?

JIM

As Paul Harvey would say " Here is the rest of the story"

Debbie & I loved this place , we stayed 2 nights. This place has been on our bucket list since the day we bought the bus.

We met some people and realized there was agent 1 and agent 2 to rent from.... Needless to say we did not do as well as we could have.

Anyway, great place but the " homework " phrase rings loudly hear. I will be happy to share the nitty gritty with anyone who is interested.

Jamie
    Last edited by Jamie Bradford; 04-17-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Ed & I certainly enjoyed our visit with Jamie & Debbie here in the Keys. Come again. Now,,,,,if we can just get OUT of the Keys soon we will be happy!!!
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES