Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New POGers

Welcome Bruce,

We also have a "vintage" CC, so I'm sure we will share some stories down the road. Enjoy the trip and feel free to call if I can be of help. We've had ours for 7+ years so have learned a few lessons...772 201 7344

Bruce,
    It has been two years since I traded my '99 CC so my memory of the systems is fuzzy and there also could be a difference in the systems between the two buses. I believe my hot water tanks were controlled by solenoid operated valves for the water flow. Check yours and be sure no wires came loose while you were working on it.

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the very kind offer of help, and the phone number. Really above and beyond the call! I'm sure we'll be in touch. Thanks again,
    Bruce

Bruce,
    I have some experience with Webasto having taken mine apart three times in another coach and more recently having replaced one of the cracked anti-freeze pumps as well as a fuel pump on my current machine over the last 12 months.
    My number is 713 725 9486 if you want to call and talk about your issues. I may not help but will try. I do have a list of checks. There are more capable persons on this site than myself so I feel you will get the issue solved. We have one of the best Webasto people in the nation here in Houston and we might also bend his ear if we can get the questions exact.

Pres

Denny, thanks. Mine works with solenoid valves too. Checking wires will be my next move. Then I have to figure out some way to see if the valve is working properly when it is wired up. I really like the idea behind the hot water and heating system -- it's just darn hard to find the various components and then test to see if they work. Thanks so much for the help.
    Bruce

Pres (Regan), wow! Thanks, I'll be in touch. I'm beginning to wonder if the inop Webasto and the fact that no coolant will flow through through the HW loop are connected somehow. This is all weird since the whole problem started with no electric hot water, and coolant oozing out fromunder the lower HWH. Now the heaters are completely removed and nothing comes through the hoses. Go figure. Once I figure that problem out, I'll be moving on to the Webasto.
    Thanks again,
    Bruce
    PS, Lynda (wife) is from Houston.

Bruce, Coolant not flowing through the hoses after a leak could be caused by an air block in the lines or low coolant. Did you refill the coolant tank (with approved coolant or distilled water) and how much did it take to fill it? The engine will pump coolant through your water heaters without the external heater fired up. Ours has electric elements as well as the engine coolant lines to provide hot water. We have two heaters, stacked and either one should provide plenty of hot water for a shower or two. Each is 10 gallon.

Any one know how to bleed air from these lines???

Quote Originally Posted by mike kerley View Post
    Bruce, Coolant not flowing through the hoses after a leak could be caused by an air block in the lines or low coolant. Did you refill the coolant tank (with approved coolant or distilled water) and how much did it take to fill it? The engine will pump coolant through your water heaters without the external heater fired up. Ours has electric elements as well as the engine coolant lines to provide hot water. We have two heaters, stacked and either one should provide plenty of hot water for a shower or two. Each is 10 gallon.

Any one know how to bleed air from these lines???
    Mike,

I had to put about a gallon and a half into the coolant tank -- I would guess that about half of that amount leaked out from the HWHs, and the rest gushed out when I disconnected all the hoses. I ran the bus for a considerable time, and the coolant temp stabilized around 178 (best I could read). I could squeeze the hoses almost closed by hand, and they never heated up. I had the Fresh Water Heaters switch on, and the two 12v thermostatic wires clipped together. I also tried the Central Heating and Interior Exchanger switches in various combinations, to no avail. I can't help but thinking that I have overlooked some switch somewhere or configured all the switches in some way that causes the problem I'm trying to solve!

I also wondered about air in the lines, but the interior hydronic exchangers all worked during the test so coolant was reaching all the way up to the front of the bus. What do you think about disconnecting the HWH exchanger hoses from each other, firing up the bus and seeing what happens? I have room for a 2-gallon bucket where the HWH used to be. Thanks much for your help.
    Bruce

Bruce, welcom to another CC owner!!!! Help from a fellow up in Oregon that used to work for CC & Marathon may be a phone call away. I will PM with stats.

Rodger, Cool, thanks!