Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New POGers

Default New POGers

Hi All,

After looking for several years, and reading many many posts in the POG forums, Lynda and I finally bit the bullet and bought a coach from Steve at California Coach last August. It's a 1992 vintage, 40-ft, Country Coach conversion and we've had a lot of fun with it so far -- about 5,000 miles worth. I guess we (I) should have introduced ourselves earlier, but I'm a little shy about that kind of thing so I had to wait until we had a problem that I couldn't solve to come running for help!

We live on the coast near San Francisco -- which seems to be a Prevost-free zone, among other things -- and if there are any other Prevost folks close by, I would love to get a recommendation for repairs and maintenance. My current problem is leaking coolant from under/behind the hot water heaters and an inoperative Webasto. It's a long story, but if there is anyone out there who is conversant with the CC hydronic heating system, I would love to bend your ear for several hours and at least get this problem off my chest!

On a happier note, we stayed at LVMC Resort a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Great service, great resort and great people. They threw a great St. Paddies day bash, gratis to everyone in the resort... food, band, the whole works. A lot of fun. We will probably be there for the POG rally, assuming I can get my hot water working again. Thanks in advance for any kind (or even not kind) advice you might have!

Bruce (& Lynda Davis)
    San Gregorio, CA

Hi Bruce & Lynda,

Welcome to the Prevost Owners Group - POG.

There are several Country Coach owners on this site who can assist you. I am a CC owner but my technical skills are not as advanced as some other owners.

I look forward to meeting you both in Vegas.

Welcome aboard!

Jamie

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Jamie!

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Bruce

Bruce and Lynda, here's wishing you a big southern welcome to POG, Little things that go bump in the dark are part of bus ownership, but the good times just blank them all out, welcome!

Bruce & Lynda,

Welcome to POG! You sure live in a beautiful part of the country. Sorry I can't help with your Webasto problem; try calling Vehicle Systems in Ft. Lupton, CO. They build the Webasto and they should be able to direct you to the closest service center. Also, Steve Bennett may be know of someone in your area who can help you.

Always feel free to post, we all need help from time to time. Glad to have you aboard!
    Last edited by merle&louise; 04-10-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Gary,

I spent some time in the South in my youth. Lynda is a Texan. So thank y'all for the kind welcome.

Bruce & Lynda Davis

Thanks Merle&Louise!

I'm giving them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! I wonder if they make the Isotherm marine water heaters as well... I'll find out when I call. Thanks again,
    Bruce

Hi Bruce. Sounds like you have a leaking hose on your coolant loop thru the w/h compartment. The age of your coach suggests its probably time to start replacing all of those hoses. Not easy.
    The Webasto has several componants which need attention. If your unit attemps to start and won't , you may need to clean the fuel jet. Or the ignitor coil may be bad. All of this was discussed in a thread originally started by Mango Mike. Look under articles for this.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hi Gary,
    Thanks for the help! The hoses, and w/h's were replaced in 2008, by the previous owner. I believe the leak occurred where the hoses connected to the water heaters. I can't say for sure since I spilled coolant everywhere when I pulled the heaters out. Wottamess. After cleaning everything up, I connected the two hoses by clamping them to a piece of PVC. Started the bus and ran it until things warmed up, and was unable to get any flow (the hoses stayed cool) through that loop. So... an enigma. Why did I have a large pool of coolant under the bus and under the water heaters, and now I can't get any coolant at all through the lines? If you have a thought I'd love to hear it, if not that's OK too. I don't want to saddle others with my problems.
    Bruce

Gary, It's usually me that goes bump in the dark!
    Bruce