Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAN CLUTCH REPLACEMENT

Default FAN CLUTCH REPLACEMENT

Had to replace my fan clutch, with 68000 miles on it. 8hr job, had to remove the side and radiator, very expensive parts 1600.00 labor 1300.00 ouch!

Gary, How did you know it needed replacement ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim, It was squealing when on idle, turned the engine off and turned the fan you could hear the roughness in the bearing . They don't replace the bearing, so I am told just replace the whole assembly but again pretty costly!

That is very costly,I saw one replaced in Jacksonville a few weeks ago and it took all day,that one also had a bad bearing and the coach had about 100,000 miles on it.The owner told me that if you spun the fan with the motor off the bad bearing could be heard.

My old fan clutch is in the Jacksonville dump. 2 new ones were installed on my coach. the first new one installed was also bad. 2 fan clutches 2 days labor for the price of 1 they are upright in Jacksonville.

Don, what kind of warranty are on new parts from Prevost, I am trying to get extended warranty to pay and they need to know what the warranty on the new part is.

Gary,

Would you please post the results of "extended warranty" paying for your repair when you get all of the information that they are requesting?

We have had quite a bit of discussion on this forum regarding "extended warranties". I am sure that the way your are treated would be of great interest to folks who are considering "extended warranties".

Thanks,
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Will do! All they wanted was a copy of the work order signed by me and the warranty period of the new part, we shall see !

sorry but to be honest I have no clue.

Here is a link for parts warranty https://www.prevostcar.com/sites/def...nty_policy.pdf , and here is one for all their warranties https://www.prevostcar.com/content/warranty-support-1. Hope this helps.