Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pogiii

Default Suggestion Info Exchange at POG#3

Ray: I have always had an interest in Electronic Gizmo and Gadgets. And I am definitely no expert. Since you and some of the other guys have dishes maybe you could put on a little dog and pony show with the communication ablilities of your setup.

And open it up to any new gadgets, gizsmos etc - like MM router, or JDUB airplane Weather GPS. I just recently added Slingbox to my home network, which allows you to watch your own tv anywhere in the world via the internet.. Pretty neat if you have good internet connections.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

You see everyman does have his price.

You'll look good in that car.

Mike

win42 Guest

Slingbox? Roger you know better than to reference a new gadget without a where,what, and how explanations. What in H are you talking about here.
    I'm using a Verizon card in my computer now. Will that give me our local TV stations? Are you storing up more gadgets to win again @ POGIII?

Default Slingbox?

Harry - Didn't mean to be holding out on you.

Its a combination of software and a little dab of hardware that hooks into your home cable system. Between the cable modem and your wireless router you add a little box that serves kinda as a mini server. I have the cable and internet thru the same provider. Then thru my laptop via the verizon card or a wireless network (wifi) I can operate my cable receiver remotely from my lap top and can view all channels including local or you can even add a security camera to keep an eye on something remotely. It is a neat gadget -they have 3 to choose from - I have the middle one Slingbox. I purchased it at Circuit City, did not shop price, just bought on the salespersons recomendation, which I never do. Don't even like to do business there, but needed an IPOD accessory for the kids, and saw the box and ask what the h is this for - how does it work etc.
    The way I keep crashing satellite dishes on my garage door, this will save me a lot of money in the future. I will venture to say I have bought my last Satellite Dome - I don't have a great deal of experience yet, but it worked great in the Atlanta and Nashville areas.
    The new Toshiba Laptop Santa brought me has all kinds of video /Tv out capability so I can supposedly hook up to my Coach coax and play it thru the TVs inside the coach. Have Not done that yet as I just move the laptop were needed.
    If I recall correctly it was about 180.00 lew bucks for this. Set up time 15 minutes. Havn't figured out how to feed more than one computer at a time, but can be put on multiple computers but only one can watch.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

win42 Guest

Roger: Thanks for turning mud into muddy water, but I'm so damn dense when it comes to this stuff you really didn't owe me an explanation. I'm sure most of the other POGers got something out of it. Sounds like a worthwhile addittion to make.

Roger,

I look forward to reports from you on the road about this cool little device. I do wonder how good your reception will be when you are outside of a city area ?? I guess we will all find out. Thanks for being the test pilot--Oh and Micki can keep updated on the soaps and that is important to some of us, right Miss Micki

Default Slingbox Information

Roger,

Thanks for the info on the Slingbox. It looks really neat. I did some research on this product as I was not familiar with it and thought I'd share. I wouldn't want to miss the VA TECH HOKIES basketball games. We beat 5th ranked DUKE last nite at DUKE in OT by. Like JW I need to blow my horn while I can!! Glade footbal is over JW, we really blew our bowl game.

Tim

Circuit City Information

Sling Media Slingbox™ AV (SLINGBOXAV)

Watch TV virtually anywhere: The Slingbox AV is the perfect companion for your DVR, digital cable or satellite receiver. With the ability to watch and control your favorite TV source, the Slingbox AV ensures that you can always enjoy your TV anywhere you go.

How it works: Using an Internet connected computer or compatible mobile phone (requires SlingPlayer® Mobile software), you can watch and control your home TV, DVR, digital cable box or satellite receiver anywhere around your home or around the globe.

PC requirements: Windows® Vista/XP/2000 (SP4), Pentium® 4 1GHz processor or later, 256MB of RAM, 100MB of free HD space, 24-bit graphics card, 16-bit sound card, CD-ROM drive, Ethernet network connection (wired, wireless or power line)

Mac® requirements: Mac OS X 10.3/10.4, 500MHz PowerPC G3 or later or any Intel-based Mac, 256MB of RAM, 100MB of free HD space, 1024 x 768 display, CD-ROM drive, Ethernet network connection (wired, wireless or power line)

Network requirements: (Where the Slingbox is installed) Cable or DSL modem (for out-of-home viewing), 256Kbps upstream speed (higher recommended), wired or wireless router (UPnP recommended)

Audio/video requirements: Any of the following—digital cable set top box, satellite receiver, digital video recorder, DVD player, video/security camera, any NTSC S-video or composite video source

CNET Reviews Information

CNET.com is a website that reviews all types of electronics from cellphones, computers, TVs, GPS and the like. The really nice part are the short videos they do on new products. CNET also shows you retailers that carry the products along with their pricing, customer service ratings on the stores and customer ratings on the products.

The link below will take you to a Slingbox video and info page on CNET.com
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Sling_Media_...-32084880.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

JamesJ Guest

dalej Guest

With only 84 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes, and 15 seconds left on the counter untill POGIII, Does anyone (Jim) know how many bus's are registered for the rally?

I'm just curious....I can wait if I need to.

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster
    The way I keep crashing satellite dishes on my garage door, this will save me a lot of money in the future. I will venture to say I have bought my last Satellite Dome - I don't have a great deal of experience yet, but it worked great in the Atlanta and Nashville areas.
    Roger,

I got some literature in the mail the other day about a 2 inch high dish that is designed to mount on SUV luggage racks and still fit into a regular garage door.... it supposedly provides in-motion satellite access and works with both Direct and DishNetwork. If it would be of interest I'll scan it into PDF format and email it to you or post it here.