Thread: Pilatus PC-12

Default Pilatus PC-12

Just wondering if anyone on POG has experience with/knowledgable about
    the Pilatus PC-12. I'm contemplating a fractional ownership on one and from
    what I read, it really sounds like the right choice for me.

Jim B
    02 Marathon H3-45
    Mount Dora, FL and Alfred, ME

Hi Jim. I found this information on line; http://www.planequest.com/operationc...nfo.asp?id=190
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks, I appreciate that.

If you'r talking about the one out of Owl's Head I have heard nothing but great things about both the aircraft and it's operator, Downeast Air.

They have maintained all my aircraft for years.

No, I wasn't talking about that specific plane. I was approached by a broker who handles deals. Years ago I owned a Cessna 414 and it was great for regional trips. Most of the trips I take now are pretty much on the East Coast. I was reading several articles about the efficiency of the Pilatus, ability to land at short strips 300+ cruise, 1700 mile range and the very comfortable cabin, reasonable operating/maintenance etc. I was hoping I might find someone familiar with the plane who might give me some personal insight.

Have flown numerous hours in PC 12 , can't find a bad thing to say , great other than high initial cost. Great cabin,quiet especially with cockpit door closed, easy to fly and depending on year excellent avionics. The only negative I hear from some pilots is it's only missing one thing...the other engine...don't know the last time I heard of a PT 6 failing and with the big wing has some crazy glide capability
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

If I were going to be over water or mountains a lot the 1 engine would make me uncomfortable, but whereas I won't, and where most of my flight time would be limited to VFR, and as you mentioned..the 50 mile glide capability, I'm not as concerned. The other thing that intrigues me at the aircraft is the short runway requirements (I think its 3000 ft).

I have to agree with Granvil.
    SUPER aircraft. 1,100 lb payload, cargo door, 300 mph cruise, 30k service ceiling.
    We own a 1/2 interest in a 2009. Truly a personal time machine. Super easy for a qualified pilot to fly.
    If you have the 'means or the need' for a small airliner, you can't go wrong.
    Operation and ownership costs are considerably less than a comp 8 passenger jet.

Jim,
    One of our pilots with Pilots N Paws owns a Pilatus. I have been lucky enough to be a passenger on board along with 31 rescue dogs out of New Orleans. Steve removed two of the seats, the cargo hold is immense, the flight was smooth and FAST. Sweet aircraft. Expensive inital cost but it is a workhorse that is dressed and runs like a thoroughbred. We used the Pilatus for our flight and news piece with Good Morning America as well--lots of pups saved in the Pilatus and NO damage to the interior, just in case anyone was wondering :-)

http://pilotsnpaws.org/2010/01/pilot...rning-america/ Exterior pics of Pilatus at the end

http://pilotsnpaws.org/2010/09/pilot...ed-in-one-day/ Pics of interior and exterior in the slideshow. I tried to just upload a photo or too but gave up, the uploader was on break for whatever reason. Pictures were correct size, browsed for them, opened but clicking upload just wouldn't work? Not sure why Jamie?

Debi and Bob