Thread: Liberty Dash 98

lewpopp Guest

Default Liberty Dash 98

I had the pleasure of sitting in the front seat of a 98 Liberty Coach this afternoon. The owner wanted to know how the port and starboard docking lights come on. When I sat down, owninf a Marathon, I felt I was in a foreign country.

On the dash I saw an outline of the chasis and looked for the switches for the dock lights. Down below the outline was a rocker for dock lite with something else I cannot remember, but when the rocker was flipped, nothing. There was a switch for the rear dock lights and they work. Is there a fuse gone or what. This guy doesn't drive the coach but wants everything to work.. In a way I don't blame him, but I cannot get the dock lites to work and the left and the right sides.

Maybe you can help me to show him. There might be another switch someplace.

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Sounds like a job for a circut tester. I would say access the switch and see if there is power into it. If no power seek out the source or lack there of. If you have power in, turn the switch on and see that power is going out.

Also if the lights are mounted in the bottom of the bay doors check the wire end terminals at the lights we had one hook on something and pull loose, at the backside of the door.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-29-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Lew,

The side cornering (docking) light switch is a three way switch, one position is off, one position turns them on and the third turns them on automatically with turn signals on their respective sides.

Were the lights checked with all positions? Did they come on with the turn signals (key on) with the switch in that position?

Was the coach a Classic (12V systems) or Elegant Lady (24V systems)?

Lewster:

Jon is correct on the turn signal cornering light instruction.

Question on the 12 or 24 may be is it an Elegant Lady or Classic Lady, Elegants are 24 volt,

- If it is a touch screen -there is a screen mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel - touch the screen and when it lights up go to outside functions and you would see a block with rear dock lights on it - if you want to turn them on touch that block with your JDUB finger. Wa la- if you want them off touch it again. the screen darkens after a few seconds all by itself.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost