Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Surprise Place I Found While Travelling

Default Best Surprise Place I Found While Travelling

With the approach of Spring we are all anxious to start moving around..............

I know everyone has come upon that " Special - Neat Place " you did not expect to find.

Please post some ideas for others .

One of ours is a County RV Park in Munising,Michigan. You pull in and park facing Lake Superior - Absolutely Gorgeous ! Price is right too - about $ 20 bucks. If you are ever in the UP this is well worth a visit.

Thanks

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Thumbs up BOK TOWER,FL

Cutting across central FL on the way to Liberty we had a couple of days reserved at River Ranch RV park.
    On the way through Lake Wales which is near to RR we saw a road sign for BOK tower and made a mental note to go back the next day and see what it was all about. Back we went and what a wonderful experience.

Seven acres of beautifully landscaped gardens with a beautiful carillon tower set in the center and on what is perhaps the highest ground in FL, great views. We happened to show up just when there was a carilloneur festival and the resident artists playing was supplemented by the guest musicians.

Explore the link for a better idea of what it is about.

http://boktowergardens.org/

JIM

Try Betty's RV park in Abbeville, LA. It only has 17 sites but if you like Cajun food, music, and good friendly people try Betty's!

Just google Betty's RV park for a link.

Betty is a one woman show; she is the main attraction at the park.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Another place we really like is Topsail Hill State Park in Destin, FL. Site #91 is the best because it is closest to the tram which runs every hour. The Destin beaches are not crowded at this location and the park is rustic with thick foliage. The streets & sites are paved with good 50 amp FHU. The price is reasonable. Be sure to make reservations, it fills up quickly.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

While traveling across Texas the Petree Rich Farm in Sealy was a delightful place to stay !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I also cast my vote for the Petree ranch!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Jim and Dan are too kind....The Keller RV park is hard to beat, nice and shady, the food is AWESOME at the big house, and misc. repairs to Prevost's are the norm.
    Stop at Dan & Jo's and enjoy the local buffets or is it boofays.
    All are welcome at the Petree Poor Farm!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

WOW!!You guys find a lot of places. The best surprise place I found while traveling was a Walmart in Louisiana(I think) and couldn't make it under the Height gate so I just pulled around the building where their trucks park to off load. Geez, I think Ed is pulling another one over me. Still haven't been able to lie down on my bed while the bus is underway.....I was always told that it was against the law by Ed.
    Safe travels everyone. The Petree Ranch is very nice. Gourmet dining!! Dan & Jo have great boofays for sure. Just make sure there is food left though because after Roger gets there, all the FRIED chicken is gone.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

The only negative I have experienced at Keller's Kampground is a shortage of tools!

You would think that a guy who works on his own bus would at least have a #2 phillips screwdriver!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I concur with the previous posters - The Petree Rich Farm and the Keller Kampground are the two nicest places in the south that I have visited. Great Food, Settings, Hospitality, and no shortage of Prevost repairs happening and no shortage of tools.. Matter of fact its the "toolman" who operates Keller Kampground!

I have no idea why Sandy is talking about Fried Chicken.

Every where I've gone the food is always excellent.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost