Thread: Replacement K&N air filter

Red face Replacement K&N air filter

Stumbled on something I have been looking for since buying the coach. We are in Perry Ga for a couple nights and was talking to a fellow camper who drives a super class C on a Freightliner chassie and the subject of air filters came up. He informed me of haveing a new K&N for his Mercedes power plant and was thrilled with the results. Said he found and ordered directly from K&N and to check the site for a cross of my Baldwin part # and to my great suprise there was a direct replacement. The K&N part # is( 38-2008S ) the price online direct is $244.00 and change which is steep but I'm about to buy my third air filter since owning the bus at about 65-70 dollars a pop. The new filter is completly serviceable and you no longer use oil it is a dry filter. Have one on order check it out yourself at knfilters.com
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

Thanks for passing the info on Bill. I use k&n in all my trucks. Nice to have met you in Heritage. Rick

Good to know, Bill.

Thanks for the tip!

Warning! Please be aware of K&N filters due to the fact tests prove they allow more microparticles to pass into the engine than conventional OEM filters. That`s the reason why you`ll see increased performance & MPG from the increased air flow! I used to use them until I looked at the research. Independent tests prove that Amsoil has some of the best for what it`s worth!! Good luck.