Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Finally Happened

Tuga...crescent wrenches come in 1 1/4" ....hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by grantracy View Post
    After reading numerous posts about the leans...just came home from a trip and shut the bus down and it started leaning to the right. I am able to manually raise it and it seems to hold when its running but not with the key off. I am sure there are numerous threads that discuss this but being the lazy guy I am was hoping for a quick answer.
    Granvil,

In your model XL, if you are experiencing the leans, it is highly probable that you have a leak in one of the components in the right rear of the coach. Remember, when you turn your key off, you block suspension air in with the 5 port solenoid mounted on the rear bulkhead in front of the differential. It has been my experience that most of my leaks have occurred in fittings, not air bags or solenoids. Good advice has been given to soap all components in the right rear. By using the soapy water process to find leaks, you can find 90% of your leaks.

Remember, do not crawl under you bus unless you have supported the bus on jack stands or other type of safety supports. If your bus were to drop while you were under it, the chances of not being injured is slim.

I have learned much about the Prevost suspension system, not by choice, because I had very bad luck with suspension repairs using Prevost Fort Worth service center. The upside of this experience is I now have a very good working knowledge of the suspension system and am able to manage my leak issues.

As mentioned in an earlier post, checkout the suspension presentation I have posted. It is very informative.

Good Luck.

Hector

Quote Originally Posted by rahangman View Post
    Tuga...crescent wrenches come in 1 1/4" ....hmmmm
    Rodger,

We tried fitting a crescent wrench on the nut and it was too big for the space surrounding the nut. Maybe a smaller crescent wrench would work better. We'll see!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

It sounds like you need a #12 AN fitting wrench.
    Last edited by jack14r; 04-16-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: wrong

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasers View Post
    Granvil,

In your model XL, if you are experiencing the leans, it is highly probable that you have a leak in one of the components in the right rear of the coach. Remember, when you turn your key off, you block suspension air in with the 5 port solenoid mounted on the rear bulkhead in front of the differential. It has been my experience that most of my leaks have occurred in fittings, not air bags or solenoids. Good advice has been given to soap all components in the right rear. By using the soapy water process to find leaks, you can find 90% of your leaks.

Remember, do not crawl under you bus unless you have supported the bus on jack stands or other type of safety supports. If your bus were to drop while you were under it, the chances of not being injured is slim.

I have learned much about the Prevost suspension system, not by choice, because I had very bad luck with suspension repairs using Prevost Fort Worth service center. The upside of this experience is I now have a very good working knowledge of the suspension system and am able to manage my leak issues.

As mentioned in an earlier post, checkout the suspension presentation I have posted. It is very informative.

Good Luck.

Hector
    thanks,it turned out to be the three way valve in the rear
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Now I have several friends to call on when my coach gets the "Leans", 1 in Florida, 1 in Louisiana, and 1 in Texas. Is this a great web site or not!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Looks like I am having this problem now, too.

Ran the engine twice during the past 7-8 days. Also moved the slides out twice during the same period. Re-leveled, afterwards. Within a day, I noticed the coach is leaning to the right. Any recommendations for a service place located North of Boston, in NH, in Southern Maine, or near Portland, etc., where this could be taken care of? Of course, this has to happen just a week before we leave for Toronto and then Lake Superior. ... :-(
    Cheers,
    Ronald

Ron

Is your aux air compressor working? Just a thought