Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Finally Happened

Default It Finally Happened

After reading numerous posts about the leans...just came home from a trip and shut the bus down and it started leaning to the right. I am able to manually raise it and it seems to hold when its running but not with the key off. I am sure there are numerous threads that discuss this but being the lazy guy I am was hoping for a quick answer.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Hi Granvil. The short answer is to check for air leaks at your air bags. 2nd, is to check for air leaks at your norgren valves, one in front up between your
    front headwall and the 2nd one at your drive axle wall.
    Also, exercise your manual up and down switches to see if that will correct the leak, that may help if the norgren valve is stuck.

If your bags and valves are over 10 years old, its probably time to replace them.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Bags are relatively new, when you say front headwall do you mean in the tire well? You don't happen to have a pic of a norgren valve so I know what I'm looking for do you?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Granville, Open the compartment under the drivers area and see if one of those Norgren valves are stuck. Just inside the opening with red on them.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I just remembered the site Mango Mike set up a long time ago. Go to prevoman.com. Under level low manifold valve there is a picture of the valves. Hope this helps.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Thanks it will,spoke to Jdub last night
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this discussion, but here goes.

While looking for air leaks we found a leak in one of the most unusual places. There is a s.s. braided hose from the air compressor on the S60 to my spin on air filter housing. The leak is not at either end of the braided hose; it's in the middle of the hose.

We sprayed it with soapy water and it bubbled like a blue crab! The bubbles were huge! As soon as I can find a replacement hose we will change it out.

I never expected to find an air leak in the middle of an air hose.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

This may help. From a prior post.

" If you go to the "Articles" section of the POG website and select "How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?", you will be able to review the seminar that was presented throughout the month of January. Go to the bottom of the introductory article and select the link at the bottom of the page. The link will direct you to the recording. Webex, the system used for storing the recording, will ask permission to download the viewer software. The presentation includes audio and video.

It's that simple!

Hector"

Tuga,

That line is a Stainless Steel/teflon compressor discharge line designed to handle the high temperatures generated by compressed air with minimal maintenance. Most Heavy Duty (Aeroquip, Gates, Parker etc) Hose Distributors should be able to build an exact replacement for your hose for your application.

Doug & Orren,

Thanks for the response. We have an Aeroquip distributor here in my home town. I need to buy a 1 1/4" open end wrench to remove the hose and then I will have a new one made up.

Appreciate the help guys, thanks!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot