Thread: Water pressure

Default Water pressure

I replaced my Jetpaq water pump with a new headhunter Mach 5 pump this past weekend. The pump works great but on city water the pressure will not flush the toilet. The pressure gauge on city water says 42psi. Any suggestions? Do I need a separate accumulator and where should it be located?

Thanks!
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Richard , same problem when you turn off the pump it also turns off the toilet you have the needed pressure to flush with city water 40-45psi this according to headhunter but the toilet is wired with the pump. I am going to Liberty in Stuart to see if they can wire the toilet with its own switch. Then when on the road or dry camping use the pump when at campsite with correct water pressure you do not have to run the pump. This is a problem I believe that should be fixed by Liberty, but I know I will pay, should not have been wired that way I don't think!

Why turn off the pump? The pump should automatically stop if the water pressure is high enough. Adjust the city water pressure regulating valve to supply water at 45 to 50 ponds. If you have a water pressure regulating valve with a fixed pressure, replace it with an adjustable one. The pump will be off and the toilet should flush.

The Headhunter Mach 5 pump and Headhunter toilet are designed to work together. Why not use the pump? You gain nothing by trying to use city water pressure and the toilet will NOT work at less than design pressure. Mine works great and there is no reason I would ever try to not use the Headhunter Mach 5 pump. I have about 60 pounds of pressure all the time in my coach using the pump. I don't think you are going to get anywhere near that on campground / city water in most areas. Why mess with success?

Just as Mark said they are designed to work together,also the city water hooked to the bus through a 5/8 inch hose just cannot supply enough volume of water for the quick burst that the toilet requires to flush properly.I think that the water pump has either a 1" or 1 1/4" supply line to the toilet.

Just don't like the idea of the pump running every time I turn faucet on, yes I have an accumulator and it is set at the correct pressure. can turn off pump switch and every thing works great off city pressure, just can't run toilet, on second thought I could mount a motorcycle lift on back of bus and mount a port a jon, well maybe not.

One more thing I just thought of...I don't even have a city water connection (other than to fill the tank), so at least Legendary didn't think one was needed. I only have water in the coach by running the Headhunter pump.

I am a big fan of using the pump all the time. Things break when they are NOT being used. Especially water pumps. Calcium deposits can build up in valves and seals and important components when sitting idle for long periods of time. We never use city water system. Of course everyone has their preference but I am of the belief that everything on the coach should be operated as much as possible. As often as possible.