Thread: Apple TV/ iPad / Bose / wi-fi setup

Default Apple TV/ iPad / Bose / wi-fi setup

Anyone interested in sharing their solution for connectivity for network and wi-fi for the bus? I have an updated Bose system and would like to connect by Bluetooth/iPad/ apple tv including access to wi-fi when available. Thanks

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

We have been using the Verizon mi-fi card for Internet ( Mac book pro, 2 iPads, iPod touch and epson printer) for 2 years and are very pleased. The only place we have found that we can't connect is where we spend 4 months every summer... Creede, Colorado.

I use the AutoNet Mobile in car wifi cellular modem. This modem works on Verizon, Sprint and I think Altel cellular network and provides wifi inside the coach. Had it two years and works great. Have 2 gig, 5 gig and other packages. Ck it out. http://www.autonetmobile.com/

Hi Odie,

I have a couple of things I use on the bus that work for me.

I have a Bose Lifestyle 20 system and to that I have connected:

My TV up front which is fed from Direvtv - Cable at a campground - or bus antenna ( which actually is better now than DirectTV if you get a good HD signal) These are video 1

Video 2 is a Blackberry Bluetooth receiver which I stream my Iphone - or - Mac to

Aux - When traveling I hook an apple Airport Express Router to this input - internet Radio etc

I now use an iPhone to get internet with - I use it as a "hotspot"- not happy with it. I had previously used a Cradlepoint MBR1000 Router with a Verizon USB plugged into it and it worked Great. The cheap in me swayed me to save $ 40 bucks a month and use the hotspot - but I am not happy with that.

Are you totally confused now? I am . I seem to change things that work to make them better??

Anyway , please feel free to contact me - and I will be happy to share what has - and has not worked.

Jamie
    Last edited by Jamie Bradford; 03-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche