Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: port dump wake up call

Default port dump wake up call

During my first month of Liberty Prevost H3-45 ownership, my wife and I pulled into one of the nicest RV parks in the country ( Pelican Lake outside Naples,Fl ). After dry camping all the way down from Iowa , I wanted to drain my grey/black water tank once I was all settled in. Sewer was " hooked up " with threaded right angle connector, shore power was cookin, and I was enjoying the 120 stations on the cable hook up while sipping wine in the living room. Decided to take advantage of the port dump button inside the coach. After all who wants to walk all the way outside to preform such a mundane task. About 20 seconds after hitting the button my curiosity got the best of me and I looked out the living room window to see IN HORROR that my sewer connecter wasn't screwed on adequately and raw sewage was spewing out onto the custom brick patio like it was a fire hose. Every thing after that was a total blur. I do remember hosing down the deck with oxyclean and wondering whether the floor A/Cs would fill the coach FOR EVER with an unmistakable odor providing evidence of my stupidity. Haven't touched that port dump button from the inside since. (Oh ya, the coach smells normal----there is a God)

Sticks Life is grand at times!!! Glad all ended on a better note. Rick

Sticks, there are available covers for the ports, when they are not being used. A Thetford product.

JIM

The almost un controllable urge to push those buttons in the coach can lead to an unpleasant day to say the least. I have often had the
    un thinking motivation to just hit the dump button from inside but have abstained.
    First, I don't trust those damn hoses and clamps. I'm constantly checking them prior to dumping because they come loose. 2nd, I can't remember when the last time was I checked those damn hoses and clamps.
    I usually stand at the hose , holding it at the base of the coach, and then open the valve. I just don't trust the darn things.
    So, I never use the inside dump button. I do use the grey water by pass from time to time however.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Maybe I should send my wife out to make sure all connections are secure while I remain in the coach sipping wine (or what ever) and then hit the inside port dump button?

There is no maybe about it, this would accomplish two really important things. 1. You will remain in the warmth or coolness of the coach (depending on the season) sipping wine and overseeing all mechanical aspects of the required procedure and 2. With her outside monitoring the dump process and something going wrong, wa la, its her fault entirely.

I always carry a sand bag, just an old rice bag with a zipper, filled with sand about ten pounds put it over the 90 elbow and no worrys. A lot of the threads are screwed up in campgrounds on the sewer connection.

One evening I was pulling Into the airport where I keep my bus and as I rounded the corned to the ramp in front of my hangar I decided to hit the exterior lights switches at the drivers station...for some reason the previous owner had installed protective guards over the switches. After a little while of gathering things up inside to unload Kim left the coach and immediately came back in to say we had a water leak...of course I went out and put my hand in the mess to confirm it wasn't a fluid leak. As it turns out the previous owner had installed a macerator dump and grey water dump and labeled right and left exterior lights. The guards on the switch should have been the giveaway,
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Oh Man Granville, This one might take the Cake ! Might be funny now but I'm sure not at the time.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

it got better when the crowd gathered..how are you guys?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2