Thread: Webasto Expert needed.

Default Webasto Expert needed.

Here in Sedona AZ and it got down to 29 last night. My Webasto seems to have a problem wanting to start the second time. If I set the controls to a temp of 65 and turn it on it starts and runs then the burner turns off and as the coolant get cool the burner will not start again unless I shut the system down and start over. Any ideas out there? I have the webasto set up with four area to call for heat (water bay, bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living room). I have SMX controllers in all areas except the water bay.

Hi Greg. What temp have you set your controls. are they set at all the same temp. Maybe set the controls lower.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I recently had the same problem. Mine turned out to be the ignitor coil. When cold it would start fine but later in the night it would no ignite again. It will start with any zone calling for heat and if you here it running but not igniting, it most likely is the coil. $450 to $500 bucks!!

I'll try the same temp trick and see what happens tonight and listen in the morning again. In the past it was not running on the second attempts.

My webasto DBW 2010 ignition coil died and I have a new one on order. My question is what is the recommended ignition electrode (gap) measurement? In advance thanks for your help.

I don't think there is a defined gap in the electrodes like a gap setting. There should be a little tool bolted onto the housing of the unit that you remove a screw and take the little square metal device of and use it to measure the gap in the electrodes. It is metal and square and has two of the ends that are grover and it will fit over the mounting where the electrodes are mounted and the notched end of the tool should just rest on the tip of each electrode. Good luck. The coil is usually the problem in secondary ignition.