Thread: Vantare Electrical issue

Default Vantare Electrical issue

I just pulled into a park and plugged in to 50amps, and both my inverters are reading "AC in good" and float. Power from the park is 120 on both sides. The "batteries actual" reading is only 25.6 on both sides. I turned on the air conditioners and went out for a few hours. When I returned the generator was on and the breaker on the park plug was thrown. I reset the breaker and blogged back in. My batteries are still only reading 25.6 with the air conditioners off. They usually read 27.8 when plugged in. Batteries are only 4 months old. What am I missing????

Ben? Anyone?

97 Vantare XLV

Hi Curtis. When you changed your batterries , did you change or adjust your inverter settings? Are the batteries the same as you had before?
    Although the inverters were in float initially, the inverters probably went to charge after you left and that is what caused the 50 amp cb to trip.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Your inverters are probably set for 50 amps incoming , I keep mine set on 47 amps, adds a little safety factor on your draw if everything comes on at the same time your amps can easily go over 50 and if it stays there too long it will trip the breaker. Vantare is usually set up to draw from the batteries if you go over your alotted amps without tripping however with the variations in some parks and not so true readings you will trip a breaker if its set on 50 amps. I have never had a breaker trip since I have changed those settings, also you can set your battery charging down to a lower amp draw if I have to run everything and I'm in float mode I turn my chargers down to 5 amps ...you can see the amp draw drop as you turn each one down.I hope that will solve your problem. Good Luck, Diane

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD