Thread: Contributions Requested

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Worst TRAFFIC EVER! Without a Doubt CHICAGO on the way to Zip Dee. Second place I-95 From New York City to D.C. in August. In both cases I have a witness. Mr Keller was behind me in his bus!
    Mr. Foster is correct. We barely had enough wine on board to recover from those two passages.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

How about "MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS"

Entertaining a few POG coaches who after navigating the NYC traffic filled roadways, arrived during a typical hot and humid North Jersey heatwave only to experience inadequate electrical service. But they had cable tv! My understanding is they were given the NY single finger salute a few times while in the NY metro area.....
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Most memorable: Hearing the sound of an explosion while trying to start the bus!

We spent this past Christmas and New Year's with family in Toronto. Never again. Well, at least not with the bus. ... :-) ... We ran the Aqua-Hot almost 24/7 for 10 days and had to run to get diesel every 2nd day to top of the coach. Well, departure day arrives... Problem was, we wanted to leave but not Olivia. The bus did not start! Starter batteries flat, apparently. Well, no problem, says Brother-in-law and calls the auto club, explaining that a jump start was needed for an RV. 2 hours later, a pick-up trucks pulls into the driveway. The driver was ready to jump start a car but not a bus. He had no clue what he was looking at and was most definetely under-equipped. We try anyways. First attempt. Nothing. Second attempt... CABOOM... I hear an exploding sound coming from the back of the bus. The tow truck driver has a dazed look on his face. Plastic pieces all over the place. One battery had exploded!! Looking at the remains, the core was solidly frozen! Fortunately, the cover over the batteries kept the explosion at ground level and blowing horizontally. Much more fortunate for everyone was the fact, that the tow-truck driver had turned his back to the bus and had started walking towards his pickup. So, other than nerves, no bodily harm. Away he goes. Next call goes out to a commercial truck repair center. 45 minutes later a BIG truck arrives. 4 new batteries and $1,000 later, we leave....