Thread: Enclosed hitch mounted bicycle carrier

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Enclosed hitch mounted bicycle carrier

Do I dare say that we do have too much stuff and not enough basement space? Presently, we keep our folding bikes in the basement and our inflatable kayaks in the back of the dinghy.
    When we were visiting Mickey Mouse a few weeks ago, I happened to see a Canadian tagged camper, who was leaving and driving past our site.
    I could not get to my camera quick enough to shoot a clear picture of the enclosed carrier they had mounted on the back of their RV. But it sure looked nice and appeared to be of a size to load a couple of full-size bikes or possibly a motorbike.
    I have been searching far and wide and have not been able to find this carrier. The closest I got is a clamshell type box, which requires the front wheels taken of off the bicycle to fit in the box.
    Any ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Ronald

Just remember that the Prevost hitch has a tongue weight limit of 1500 LBS,and that is calculated 6" from the receiver..The engine cradle can become cracked if the hitch is overloaded.

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Thanks for the cautionary advice! Much appreciated. As I am hoping to store my bicycles in this fashion, I would be well below the limit. Furthermore, assuming that such a box is not too heavy in and by itself, I could attach it to the hitch of our Lincoln MKX.

Default Enclosed motorcycle lift

I might have what you're looking for. I have a canvas enclosed fixed motorcycle lift that I used for bikes or grills for tailgating. I was able to squeeze 5 bikes and some other junk - a must on my 40 footer. I recently traded up to a 45 and I was planning on holding on to it to see if I really need it for the extra storage, having 4 kids myself.

There is stainless on the back and driver's side, with a zippered opening on the right side to throw your stuff in. It has a simple aluminum pole frame to hold up the canvas that can be easily taken off to get to the engine compartment without having to take the entire lift off. No problem with a toad.

It was fabricated by some guy who was selling his coach at Panterra. You could call Don there and ask him.

Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images