Thread: Mechanic in Las Vegas ??

Default Mechanic in Las Vegas ??

We are in Las Vegas, and are experiencing a slight leak from the radiator. I would love to have a reputable mechanic take a look, and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a shop here that has extensive experience working on Prevost Coaches. Any leads anyone?? Thanks!!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Try Detroit Diesel, If I remember, they are on the north side of town. Iwas only there once to buy an oil pressure switch, but they would be a good bet.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I used these guys this past summer to install an M & G airbrake system on my toad and bus. They have been around along time and are kind of a jack of all repairs. Might take a look as I was happy with my work done and prices were fair. www.bbcoach.com

I've never been to Vegas, if I had your problem, I think I would check the local Tour Bus venues for possible work. If a new radiator is indicated, check into a possible re-core which would probably be less $$$. Just a thought.

rahangman's advice is right on. We have two large bus companies here in KC. I have found both running lots of Prevost buses and both with certified Prevost techs on staff.

They have been accommodating to my questions and work on our bus. I found out about them from Prevost. On the down side you don't have priority in their shop as there buses come first.

Thanks Pete. I think your thinking of freightliner. I went by there today, and they seem like the right spot, as they work on Prevost buses on a regular basis, and seem pretty sharp. A bit pricey at 118 p/h, but I feel pretty confident they can get it done quicker than anyone.

Thanks Doug for your suggestion as well! How are you guys? How's the bus??? We met at coachworks last year the week you bought your bus.... We were parked next to you guys.... Hope your doing well!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

800-839-1483 is the number of W.W. Williams, they are the Detroit Diesel people in Las Vegas. I don't recall going to Freightliner. Might give them a call, they may be of help as well. They are more familiar with Detroit equipped vehicles.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas