Thread: Engine color

Hybrid View

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking Pete's engine is blue also and he was trying to trick me into painting mine green.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Mine is black - a Millennium option. It makes the oil leaks less obvious.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

I painted mine black also. When I cleaned the engine some of the original paint turned a different color, so painting it black made everything one color. It came out really nice!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

DD Series 60 paint is blue - similar to the color bands on the thread dividers on this page. Prevost applies a varnish to the entire engine bay prior to delivery which after it weathers, tints the other colors yellowish (thus the blue looks green).

As suggested above, I bought some cans of Series 60 paint at a local DD dealer and have started a slow process to repaint the engine. It is expensive by the way, ~ $20/can.

That explains why the gray color in the engine compartment doesn't match the gray in the storage compartments, steering bay, etc.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I have never seen a Liberty with a black engine maybe because they don't leak? Hmmm? I better hush up or I will get something started.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    That explains why the gray color in the engine compartment doesn't match the gray in the storage compartments, steering bay, etc.
    Exactly. If you start looking at it carefully you can see the stuff or its effects on the original colors.

Gary,thanks for reminding me about bus drips . Actually, the water dripping from the A/C units on Marathons buses is so pure it has been rumored for use in Liberty maintenance.