Thread: RV park in Pittsburgh????

Default RV park in Pittsburgh????

hello everybody
    Sylvie has a medical conference sept 20 in Pittsburgh for 4 days.
    Does anybody knows a good place to park a prevost in or around Mario Lemieux city?

Quote Originally Posted by Romano Faffard View Post
    hello everybody
    Sylvie has a medical conference sept 20 in Pittsburgh for 4 days.
    Does anybody knows a good place to park a prevost in or around Mario Lemieux city?
    Jacques - A search of woodalls.com yields a list of 6 RV parks in the general Pittsburgh area (5 of which accommodate "big rigs"). Based on your criteria, the most convenient acceptable park appears to be Fox Den Acres Campground in New Stanton, PA (about 35 miles from center city Pittsburgh). If you want to check it out, their website is at http://www.foxdenacres.com/.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Jacques,

I needed a spot for the 2007 Men's U. S. Open Golf Championship in Oakmont PA. That is just outside of Pittsburgh. There were no places near Pittsburgh. In fact, if I recall, there is an Allegheny County ordinance that prohibits RV Parks. If you are a member of the Shrine Club, they have an "RV Storage" area with water and electric hookups. No sewer. There is a mobile service to pump out your black tank if needed and make any plumbing repairs that may arise.

It was tough getting into the place from their parking lot, narrow dirt road, hard left turn to a down grade, then a sharp right across a shortline railroad track. It cost me nothing to park there but some stainless that I drug against a rock making the hard left turn. The Shriners said that must have been the rock marked for removal that they did not get to the previous week.

Oh yes, the Oakmont Bakery has pastries to die for. Try their Iced Rasin Oatmeal cookies. They have a website so you can get some knowledge of their wares before going there.

We have stayed at both of the KOA's nearby and they were both very nice.

Good Luck!

Chris
    Chris
    2004 Featherlite Vantare H345
    H-2 Toad

Thank you, we will do.