Thread: Surge. Protector

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, but the state does not allow motorhomes.

Default Surge. Protector

Because my H-3 is almost 20 years young, I know there is not a hard-wired surge protector in my coach.

Could I ask the members what would be the BEST protector I could use, with pole- to-bus connection?

Thank you for any suggestions you may have,

SydnyG

Hi Pat, we will go to camping world and get one. Gary- wanna be mechanic, member of the DKS club, and the EL Stinko stogy club

Pat, I've used a Progressive Industries SSP-50 for years. At around $100.00, I can afford to change it every few years as surge protectors do break down with usage. There is another box on the market that runs $300-$400 and keeps the power to the bus off until its happy with what it sees. Nice feature, but I've also heard of it being problematic and at that price, I'd be inclined to keep using it year after year instead of changing it as I believe one should.

Google "RV Surge Protectors" and you'll see several allong with reviews. FWIW, i hard wired one into our Beaver Marquis many years ago and had to rewire around it in a blizzard because it failed open. Never again! I like the portable ones.....

Hi SydneyG.
    Here is several choices on the Camping World internet site.
    http://www.campingworld.com/category...cal-systems/55
    Last edited by garyde; 02-21-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide