Thread: LIBERTY COACH

Default LIBERTY COACH

Good news, seems Liberty had good sales during there 40th anniversary rally, I have been told they sold 10 coaches new and used. This is indeed good news for Liberty owners, and the industry as a whole. I hope other converters have seen the same spike.This could help firm up prices for our coaches.

Gary,

It is certainly good news for the used market. It seems like it has been about 2 or 3 years since this mess started. I am hearing projections of $5/gal gas for this summer, but I don't think that that will have a large effect on sales prices. Buyers at this level are not going to be concerned about operating costs. When they see a bus they like they'll buy it.

I think that their feelings about the overall economy will play a much bigger part in the decision.

Newell is reporting on their website that new sales are picking up!

For those of you who subscribe to FMCA magazine, I'm sure that you have noticed over the last few years the "thickness" of the magazine is about half of what it used to be. When we see it returning to it's original thickness, that to me will indicate that the overall RV market is returning from the doldrums.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Well, is it as thick as it used to be?

I think the print space dedicated to advertisers might be a better indicator. Even that might not be a good indicator as advertisers move to other avenues to reach their customers.

One thing for sure, traditional RV manufacturers' sales are up. I think Prevost expects to deliver about 30 RV shells this year with one converter tracking to 20 some coaches this coming year. Certainly, not the big numbers of years past, far better than just a few years ago.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Since Prevost has dropped out of direct FMCA shows, and the Good Sam rally competition from Camping World that FMCA will never be what it used to be again. More and more "nomad" type buyers are getting into RV's of all types, and tend not to be big rally goers. While smaller groups like POG are doing well, my bet is that the "clubs" that are going to continue to grow are brand-oriented and will continue to have relatively small rally's as compared to the large FMCA conventions of 5-6,000 attendees of the past. Just my opinion.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL