Thread: Cooking in the bus with an induction cooktop

Hybrid View

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Cooking in the bus with an induction cooktop

Olivia is (was) equipped withe the typical 2 burner Gaggenau cooktop. Nothing wrong with Gaggenau but it took quite a while to get it heated up. My wife likes to cook and on base, we do have an induction cooktop, which she loves. So... I purchased a 2 burner induction cooktop and put it to the test. From cold to boiling water 1 minute 10 seconds or so. Not only that, the Gaggenau had raised edges which forced the use of pots fitting the glass cooktop area. With the induction cooktop, there are no edges and you can use pots which are larger than the width of the cooktop, or, you can use an oval pan or pot and utiliye both cooking areas at the same time. I do have a happy wife now!
    PS: Gaggenau for sale.

Thumbs up

Ron, you're not the only one that made the change. Now there are three known converts on the forum. Happier and safer cooks, we are!

There are a few old posts on the subject.

JIM

We converted 3 years ago, and have been very happy with the induction cook top.

Ronald,
    Would you mind sharing the make and model you used to replace the Gaggenau?
    Thanks!
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

Ron & Gabby:
    I would ditto with the request for what induction model and make you acquired. Our unit is a 2006 CC, with the same Gageneau, with raised edges. As a Southerner, can also see the advantage of taking the portable induction outside for classic "frying" anything from fish to green tomatoes. If it is a true replacement, that is fine too. Would just like to know the source.
    Thanks,
    Jay & Cris Hughes
    2006 CC XLII
    Oxford, MS

So...Are you guys doing " Flush Mount " installations.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty