Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yep, still another question about tires

Default Yep, still another question about tires

There are volumes of posts on tires , I have been looking for days. I find out that Cooper Tires makes a Roadmaster 12R-22.5 which is of course my required tire. Does anyone have experience with them? I have used their tires on my cars almost exclusively for 30+ years and have always been happy with them and the service that comes with them.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

One of my sons-in-law is an independent tire dealer and he told me three weeks ago not to put anything on my coach other than Michelin or Bridgestone tires. He said these two are really good and better than the rest. He handles most brands and he has been in the tire business for over 15 years. I trust his opinion from dealing with most brands out there.

Thanks, Ed, will keep that in mind when making the decision....

Default Michelin tires

Mike Bell here at CoachWorx put me onto the FMCA Advantage plan with Michelin Tires. As a member of FMCA it is well worth using this member benefit to save a lot. In fact, joining FMCA, paying dues, you still save a bunch.

Les,

How much did you save and how do we go about using the FMCA Advantage plan to buy tires?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by rahangman View Post
    There are volumes of posts on tires , I have been looking for days. I find out that Cooper Tires makes a Roadmaster 12R-22.5 which is of course my required tire. Does anyone have experience with them? I have used their tires on my cars almost exclusively for 30+ years and have always been happy with them and the service that comes with them.
    Pete Petree just put a set of Cooper tires on his Prevost; he loves them!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Tuga, I bought Continental tires....not Cooper!....and I used your credit card!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Tuga, I bought Continental tires....not Cooper!....and I used your credit card!
    See what happens when it gets cold: my brain freezes up!

I keep tring to think, but nothing happens! (Curley Howard - the 3 stooges!)
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,
    The FMCA plan is a good plan. All Michelin dealers are aware of it. I received a price of $705 per tire for eight of the highest quality, 16 ply, etc. tires fully mounted, balanced and with the chrome stems at Beasley Tires in Houston. Ask for Mike Beasley. It is a simple process to use the FMCA program. I simply told them I wanted a quote under the FMCA program and they responded. In reality, their normal dealer cost is greater than the cost quoted to me according to Mike Beasley.
    Pres

Pete:

Do you still have Tugas credit card?

I just need the numbers off the front of it for some tires.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost