Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?

Default How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?

Hello fellow bus owners/operators,

My name is Hector Duplichen and I again offer Prevost suspension presentations aimed at sharing knowledge among Prevost owners/operators concerning the complex nature of Prevost's "smooth riding" chassis (Check out the articles for last years session). Approximately one year ago, I offered suspension presentations using the internet as a communication tool (It worked out great!). Basically, I sit in my comfortable easy chair, with headphones on, and share my computer screen and audio with others across the USA. We will be connected with audio and screen sharing using the internet and special software using Webex servers.

Many bus owners have seen this presentation previously, if you are interested in participating in the session again, please feel free to sign up.

What you will need:
    - A computer, with speakers, connected to an internet connection (A high speed connection is preferred. You can be located anywhere.).
    - You will need a microphone for voice input or ear bud/microphone combination headset (I use my Iphone headset.) in order to ask questions or offer comments to others in the session (If you are a Skype user, microphone input will be easy). If you do not have microphone access, you will still be able to hear all of audio with you computer speakers.
    - A genuine curiosity for learning about the Prevost suspension systems.
    - Be willing to spend an hour learning the Prevost suspension system and talking "bus smack" with other bus owners.

The bonus:
    Asking questions during the session is encouraged. The Webex screen sharing software offers a process for an orderly response to any member questions during the session. I will be available, as well as other bus owners, to assist with any questions. At the end of the session, an open discussion will take place to resolve any un answered questions concerning the Prevost suspension system.

The process:
    The will be open to the Prevost Owners Group and Prevost Community members. Since this is planned to be a single event (unless interest dictates additional sessions). We will limit this first session to 30 attendees. To become enrolled, the participate must send me their email address and full name using one of the private messaging systems used in both forums, Prevost Owners Group or Prevost Community (My screen name on POG is "dreamchasers", on Prevost Community it is "texasdrifters"). I will record your email address/name and the participate slot will be reserved for you. You will receive a conformation email from me indicating status. If I get a email bounce due to an incorrect email address, you will not be able to receive the necessary Webex credentials, thus, you will not be able to log on the session.

Approximately three days before the session date you will receive an email invitation, with informational links, from our servers at Webex, with instructions of how and when to log on the session. If you have never used Webex on your computer, you will be asked to download a small applet of software that will allow you to interact during the session. This software is benign and I have used this system for years in my software company.

I will post the number of slots taken and slots available on a regular basis. I will keep email addresses private and will only be viewed my me. Be sure to provide an accurate email address, since this will be the address you will receive your session invitation. The session will be recorded and posted to help others.

Date of session:
    February 08, 2012, Wednesday, 7:00 pm, CST (Central Standard Time.)
    This is planned to be an informal session, with interaction welcome by all.

Remember, this first session will be limited to 30 members, so do not delay your request. Please reserve your slot with the plan that you will be available to attend, thus preserving slots for others that can arrange their time to attend. Their is no charge$$ for this session and all are welcome to attend. The intent is to share knowledge among Prevost owners, the session will be informal. If I see more than 30 members are interested in this event, we will consider adding sessions.

I look forward to chatting with you February 8th. Lets have fun!

Hector

Jim Skiff, please make this a sticky note until after the session.

Thanks, Hector

Hector,

Done.

Jim

how about making a recording available,at cost,or a printout of recording on the pog site for those who do not/cannot/ participate in the event///

Hector You can count me in. Thanks Rick

Thanks for doing it again. I'll be there.

Their are plenty of openings left. Enjoy an evening of "bus smack" with owners and the best part, it is free.....

Hector

I would love to attend again this year but I will be out of town next week. Maybe next time. It is a great presentation and I urge anyone who has not seen it to take the time to check it out.

Hector -

Pencil us in. Thanks.

Hector,
    If you have any opening left, I would appreciate the opportunity to participate.

Nolan Bedford