Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie

Default Another Newbie - Austin, Tx

Hello all,
    My name is Robert Mohr. I have been a member for only a short while and will hopefully be in the hunt soon. I have over the years, like many folks moved from camper to 5th wheel to class C to class A pusher and am wondering why I didn't skip a step or two - and go right to a bus? I have gained much knowledge from the good people on this site and have read many of your posts. I regret that I could not make the rally here in Austin this past year due to work travel with hopes of posibly meeting a few of you members as well as learning more about the Prevost experience. As a newbie, I really appreciate the information and guidance offered by you on this site. I would love to take a gander at any of your awesome machines that might call the Austin, Tx area home.

Regards,
    Robert
    Last edited by Robert; 01-25-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Robert welcome!, Great bunch of folks here and a lot of good info.

Robert,

Welcome to POG!! You will find a wealth of information at this website and among the members.

I wish we had "skipped a step or two" and moved directly into a bus years ago. The experience of traveling this wonderful country in a real, classic bus cannot be matched.

Enjoy your membership and take full advantage of the collective knowledge the membership here has to offer....

Will do Paul...and by the way...that is a beautiful Liberty!!

Thanks, Robert!

We've spent many, many wonderful miles in the great State of Texas..... then again, it's a a LOT of miles no matter where you go in Texas!

Hey Robert and Karen,

Welcome to the group. I am actually here in Austin so let me know if I may be of any help in your search. I initially joined POG in 2007, and we bought a bus in spring 2009. Great resource here as you are already learning.

Welcome Robert and Karen,

You can never have too many Texans. Glad to have you aboard. Regardless of what other people say, Gordon and especially his wonderful wife are a great resource for you locally. If you are ever through our part of the world we would gladly welcome you to overnite here and get a chance to know you a little better. Great group of people here and some true bus nuts. Let us know what you settle on...............
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Hi Robert and welcome to POG. Take advantage of any mini rally's out your way to see and tour a dozen or more coaches in one visit. Also, don't forget about the Las Vegas POG Rally in October .
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Robert,
    Welcome to POG.
    Betty and I are in Austin at least ten to twelve times a year generally with our coach and / or on University meeting business and would enjoy getting with you.
    If you care to do so, provide your email and I will advise you of our next visit.
    Pres

Gordon,

Thank you for the kind offer. I travel an awful lot with work, but would be very excited to take a look at your bus and perhaps annoy you with questions sometime. I have a lot to learn and have plenty of time before making a purchase. I'm in south Austin out near the Salt Lick and have a flexible schedule when I'm at home. Perhaps, when it's convenient I could introduce myself?
    Last edited by Robert; 01-26-2012 at 01:06 PM.