Thread: Webasto

Default Webasto

What keeps the Webasto circulation pump running? If I am on the road and have the SMX on heat the heat exchangers put out heat but if I stop and turn the engine off the heat exchangers slowly start putting out cold air. It's like the circulation pump for the Webasto is not running any more and the webasto with not fire up again. What keeps your Webastp pump running?

My webasto has to be turned on and then they are controlled by t stats in the Galley and the bedroom. Nothing to do with the engine running nor the SMX.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Greg,

My Webasto has two switches that control the unit. One will turn the system on and it will run independently and cycle on/off on the Webasto thermostats (I use this mode for engine heat). The second switch aligned control of the Webasto to the thermostats that are located in the cabin. When heat is called for, the Webasto will come on.

The pumps will run continuously in the first state, Webasto on. Or will cycle if operated in the cabin heat mode.

On my coach, while the main drive engine is running, warm water circulates through the cooling water loop, through the Webasto exchangers, and if I turn on the Webasto, the pumps will run, however, the Webasto will not fire, due to the circulating water temperature being above the Webasto temp control point.

It took awhile for me to sort out the functionality of Country Coach system.

If you need more details, give me a call.

Hector

Hector

I have gone thru my system and diagramed it I think fairly well. I have SMX that control the AC and Heat with is the Webasto. I have three SMX that can call for heat and one Water bay t-stat and hot water heater switch that can either be put into Webasto or electrical mode that can call for heat. I have replaced all the senors on the Webasto. It seems like once the Webasto is turned on or the engine has heated things up it will not fire up a second time. The exchanger fans only blow cold air, these fans are controlled by the SMX.

Greg, Are your SMX pads push button newer type, or rotary knob?
    In our coach, after we flip the 2switches on webasto unit, we then flip the "heat" switch inside the ccoach on a panel, in our case we have 3 switches, one at the entry door, one in kitchen, one in bedroom. One of these needs to switched on in order for webasto pumps to coome on independently from the engine producing hot watr and the engine water pump circulating coolant thru the exchangers. Otherwise, everything operates as you describe with exchangers heating only while engine is running
    Our SMX pads only control the airconditioning, with rotating knobs.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

I have the push button ones. I have no other switches inside the bus. On the Webasto there are three switches that alway on.

Would you possibly have abreaker for the webasto in your circuit panel.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40