Thread: Front Slideout Disaster !!

Default Front Slideout Disaster !!

Well, what we all hope won`t happen did! While retracting front slide it got off track and destroyed inside upholstery on both sides. rope lighting and some outside paint !! Steel Slideout wheel on left side broke also.

Problem solved however. The failure of the hydraulic differential cylinder ( which regulates a balance in differential pressure on both slideout arms to keep them perfectly lined while operating) was the problem. HWH had to built one & test it which took 4 days!

Drove it to the repair facility with the slide partially out for 9 miles @ 35 MPH! Ahh the looks we got !!

See pic`s for interesting photos. Repair facility I`ve used before & they`re Great! they do most of the NASCAR teams & drivers trailers & MH`s. Located in Concord,NC - Golden Gait Trailers.CIMG4063.JPGCIMG4058.JPGCIMG4061.JPGCIMG4064.JPGCIMG4036.JPGCIMG4055.JPGCIMG4043.JPGCIMG4048.JPGCIMG4033.JPGCIMG4047.JPGCIMG4045.JPG

You must be at Trailers of the East Coast,Aaron is a great resource for us that are not near a Florida repair facility.

Jack, Where in Concord are they located? Good to know a shop that can do that sort of repair is in N.C. Will they work on private coaches or just racing stuff. Hope I don't ever have that problem,I should have Prevost slides not that they are better lucky he did not have to be towed!

Actually I was at Golden Gate Trailers, 5051 Davidson HWY, Concord,NC. 28027 800-895-3276. They do work on private coaches.

Trailers of the East Coach,I40 Exit 170,360 Blaise Church Road Mocksville,NC phone #800-284-2377
    Aaron Craver is the head guy in the coach,transporter arena,they were the Featherlite dealer in NC a few years ago.