Thread: California (San Francisco that is) Here We Come!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Smile California (San Francisco that is) Here We Come!

Carole and I will be working the US Open again this year. The course is The Olympic Club in South San Francisco. Our question, especially for POG ,members residing in Califormia is, where in the area is the best RV Resort to park the bus? I'd like to be within 25-30 miles max driving distance, or measured in time, well 30 - 45 minutes if that is possible. Dates are from 8th June through the 18th of June.

So, any suggestions out there? Anyone have a 50 amp outlet and a 40' space in their driveway?

Thanks for the anticipated response from this august group of individuals.

Sounds like a great trip in the making....

Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Rodger, yes it should be a great trip and provide the grandson a once in a lifetime experience.

Gary, thanks for the info. I tried the sanfranciscorvpark but found no space at the inn. We'll look into treasureisland next.

Will
    My wife and I stayed at San Francisco RV Resort. Great View, but the site we had was very small. Overall, we would look for somewhere else.

Gary/Nolan,

Gary, thanks for the Treasure Island info. We called and they already have four other couples coming to the Open with reservations there. Carole has already scoped out the shopping opportunities and sees she will have to get a Costco membership.

Nolan, thanks also for checking in. We had looked at that park and called them. There was no room at the inn. Although we would have liked an ocean view, who wouldn't, it looks like Treasure Island will suffice as I will be leaving early and getting back late from the Open.

Now, I just have to work at being as successful in San Francisco as I was in San Diego handling California traffic! No, not in the bus, on the routes to our guest parking lots and on our shuttle routes. Gotta be easier than DC last year! Good thing the Pres cancelled his appearance at Congressional. No Reagan not you, the real Pres, POTUS to some.