Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oysterfest 2012!

Heritage is very tight and I would ask you reconsider some other venue....possibly the Bella Terra but I am not an informed travelor in the area..when is the Fairhope, Alabama arts and crafts event? Some 250 thousand folks attend the event in Fairhope and it was during the last "Oyster Fest" event...
    Pres

Better count me in as well.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Default Corrected List

It seems I was premature in including Rodger & Faye Hang on the first list as they have a scheduling conflict to try to resolve before they can commit. On the other hand, we've picked up two new attendees!

1Michael & Vita Terry
    2Charles Brown, Jr
    3Tom Chilcote
    4Andre & Ann Ducote
    5Jamie Bradford
    6Larry & Diane Byrd
    7Rick & Denise McClain
    8Greg S
    9Al & Mary Ellen Hermann
    10Peg & Larry (M# 1003)
    11Mike & Colleen Wellman
    12redprevost
    13Towson Engsberg
    14Odie

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan Sirmons View Post
    Heritage is very tight and I would ask you reconsider some other venue....possibly the Bella Terra but I am not an informed travelor in the area..when is the Fairhope, Alabama arts and crafts event? Some 250 thousand folks attend the event in Fairhope and it was during the last "Oyster Fest" event...
    Pres
    Reagan - Oysterfest 2012 is set for Bella Terra March 15-18,2012 pending confirmation of space available from Courtney Fox at Bella Terra (which I anticipate today). You were right - the 60th Annual Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival is scheduled the same weekend (March 16-18), but since there were no discernable conflicts last year, I'm optimistic that it won't get in our way this year either!

By the way - are you in? We'll be needing us some of your famous Oysteritas!

Default Oops! Change of plans!

Courtney Fox has just informed me that Bella Terra is booked solid already with another rally on the original dates I requested (March 15-18, 2012). So it looks like we'll have to move to the weekend before (March 8-11, 2012). I sincerely hope that this change doesn't negatively impact anyone who has already expressed interest, but the adjustment is unavoidable. Courtney has confirmed that the weekend of March 8-11 is available, so there won't be another date screw-up (he says with confidence).

So....

1.) If you're on the list to attend and the date change prevents you from participating, let me know and I'll reluctantly remove you from the attendees list.

2.) If you are interested in meeting/fellowshipping with like minded POG bus nuts while enjoyng large quantities of fresh gulf oysters (currently going for only $4.50 a dozen according to Courtney) and the adult beverages of your choice, along with a few special events/surprises - then get your name on the list and let's make this the best Oysterfest so far!

I apologize sincerely for the date change (This rally coordinating stuff ain't for sissies!)

Michael Unforunately you will have to take us off the list as we will be in the St Pete area camping on March 8th. thanks Rick

Scratch me also Michael, conflicts....

Michael,
    Any chance of checking out Heritage for the 15-18th March.. not for sure yet we can make the 8-11th. ?? Just asking?
    I know you love Bella Terra but change might be good too?
    Diane

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

We're confirmed at Bella Terra for March 8-11 now, but based on the earlier dates conflicting for some, I going to check with Heritage tomorrow in a last ditch effort to stick with the original dates of March 15-18. Concern has been expressed that Heritage is a bit tight to navigate, but I have no personal experience there. I'll report back here tromorrow afternoon as soon as I can get a feel for if Heritage is able to accomodate a 30+ coach rally on the preferred dates. Once I check with
    Heritage and assess the feasibility of a change of venue, I'll make a final decision and publish the info here.
    Last edited by michaeldterry; 01-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.

We are out. Unfortunately in cold snowy Western Maryland, our bus is stuck in a heated warehouse till April. Hope to build my own barn this summer.