Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to search for for storage?

Craigslist has a category "parking / storage" that frequently lists warehouses and garages suitable for buses.

The best Craigslist aggregator, IMHO, is Craiggers.com. Right now, when I enter "Prevost" in the search box and choose "RV" from the category list, I get 153 listings all over the country.

Likewise, when I enter "RV" in the search box and choose "parking / storage" from the category list, I get 3,800 listings. You can filter by number of features, like location, to reduce the listings.

Only prolem is, Craiggers only works with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

Danss, ,that is what I was thinking it would be. Even doubling the size to 20 x 60 they seem to have quadrupled the price. And the one company quoted $16k for the 50 amp, which is about 50 feet from the garage. Yes, it would need a new panel, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    Karl, You are in Florida. All you need is a roof and a gravel pad. All those members up North would give anything to walk out to their Bus in Winter and tinker with it right at their house. Keep the leaves and acorns off the roof and you are good to go. Although we have a Bus Garage we put three campsites in with 50 amp hook ups for 20K. We are probably close to you if you want to see if any of our ideas would work for you.
    You think? I hate to be outdone by the Joneses (or Wehrenbergs). They all say it needs to be closed in and 6 inches of concrete.

I'd love to stop by some time. Perhaps you can PM your address and contact info?

Quote Originally Posted by tommybahama96 View Post
    Only prolem is, Craiggers only works with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
    What else is there???

Your electric is probably hi $$$ because when being in the center of 30 ac you are 568 feet to the edge of the property.

Just sayin, JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 12-29-2011 at 10:18 AM.

There is only 2 things a coach needs for storage. An enclosed building and 20 amp electric to keep power to the inverters.

From that point you can add features based on what you want or need. A heavy floor allows you to jack up the coach or support the chassis. More power allows you to run AC units or heat the coach. Water, sewer, and compressed air just add to the list. Having heavy insulation minimizes temperature swings, which in FL may not be a factor.

If you want to go wild and crazy add a pit, tool and parts storage, lots of lighting and loud music.

The ultimate is all of the above with a Liberty coach.

Marathons, prefer a quiet storage and rest very peacefully with mode lighting and elevator music.

It's the anaconda size poop tube that Liberty has that raises the cost!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbonz View Post
    Danss, ,that is what I was thinking it would be. Even doubling the size to 20 x 60 they seem to have quadrupled the price. And the one company quoted $16k for the 50 amp, which is about 50 feet from the garage. Yes, it would need a new panel, but still....
    If you wanted 50 amp power , it is approx. $ 3.00 per foot for the PVC conduit and 4-#6 thhn copper wire. Breaker, misc. j boxes and conduit would run another $200.00 or so. Trenching and backfill 10.00 per foot approx.

Now , if there are obstructions, sidewalks, cement driveways, etc. this would add more $$.

The best way to determine accurate costs would b e to break the bid into two or three sub -sections.
    Also, get three bids.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary is right on with getting three bids depending on what part of the country you are in you might save some big bucks with the economy in the pits. Contractors are hungry and bids are cheap! Course if you do the work your self you save big!, that is if you do not have to rent a lot of equipment. I just happen to have use of backhoes and dozers etc from the company I used to own.