Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: URGENT. What might this leak (see picture) be, and will I need a tow?

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Coach Pro...I do have Howard steering, and it is installed up front in the bay under the driver seat, and in the spare tire area behind the front bumper. It has not worked in over a year, and I have had no luck finding anyone who can repair it. I spent about $1,100.00 having the hydrolic,s rebuilt only to find that was not the problem. Do you or anyone you know, know how to repair it?

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

A weakness with H.A.S is the pressures switch at the pump unit. To my knowledge no one carries these or any parts anymore. In addition and unfortunately Dee Howard passed away some years ago.

I am thinking perhaps it was a hydraulic leak at the Howard cylinder that ties into the front drag link, at the fitting perhaps. That would be roughly in the same location as the leak in the pic.... Please let us know when you find the source, love a good mystery....

Coach Pro,

Welcome to POG.. Tell us a little about your service and location.

Truk4u,

Myself and my partner have well over 50 years combined bus conversion experience, mostly in Service but also design and engineering. We worked for the largest converter in the country since the late 80s, have traveled in all circles and done road repairs and have decided to hang our own shingle in sunny Eugene Oregon, our hometown.

We do any and all work on all models and having cut our teeth working directly with the customers all these years have learned a thing or two. We like to get on this site and try to help out. After all these years we still have what some have left behind: passion for the bus conversion industries and the people in it.

we are open and working hard as Coach Pro and would love to help anyone we can. Remodels, up fits, collision repair, electrical, plumbing, flooring and Provost are our specialty.

Thanks for asking and make sure to catch The Oregon Ducks in the Rose Bowl!

Thanks again, Coach Pro

Coach Pro - Welcome - Nice to have another Duck fan on board - It can get kind of lonely for us Duck fans out here in Florida - Do you and your partner want to share your names with us, or do you just want to be "Coach Pro"?
    Ken Robertson
    Parliament Motor Coach - 727-748-5986

So what was it ?? I see lots of guesses but no final answer.

I spotted the oil after a cold snap, but could not get under the coach to find the source.

Thanks to members advice, I drove the bus to a truck/bus repair garage.

The educated guesses that the leak might be a failed wheel seal were correct. This led to replacement of the rear brakes, differential oil, and wheel seals all around. $$$$, yikes!

Thanks again everyone. Beware importing a pampered cupcake coach from its desert home into the cold, rough tough northeast.