Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: EMERGENCY!!!

Thanks to Coachworks and Rick, The generator battery is not hooked to the inverter, Tom you are correct. After a long and very helpful phone call to Rick at Coach Worx we have this situation under control. First the battery was charged by a Chicago float charger and not the inverter, The lady "Pat had turned off everything in the coach as she was concerned about the problem at hand, The batteries were marginal turned the chargers back on and other breakers that she needed, checked both legs for correct amperage,so she is good to go. Since the generator battery is isolated she has everything but generator, when she gets a new battery, it will be hooked up with out the float charger.I myself have learned a lot from this experience, maybe when I am 90 I will understand the workings of these wonderful and well built machines we call our home away from home Miss Pat and myself say thank you for all your help, after all that's what this organization is about

Gary, You got your help from the right place. Rick and Ben at Coachworks are THE best. As they no doubt told you a deep cycle battery isn't the best choice for a starting battery.

As to the float charger, don't be too hasty in eliminating it. While the one she has may not be the right one, a battery "maintainer" will give a significantly longer life to a little used battery. I have been using a Battery Tender http://batterytender.com/rv.html with a light weight gel cell Odyssey battery http://www.odysseybattery.com/ in my airplane for years. It is a very reliable option. The main advantage of a battery maintainer is that it keeps the battery warm with a very small trickle charge which prevents freezing and promotes a longer life. Something to consider.
    Last edited by BrianE; 12-26-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Brian, I will mention this to Miss Pat,I will have to say that 1993 H she has is a good looking coach! A wax job and it will look like a new penny. Miss Pat is not new to motor coach's she had a Country Coach Intrigue 2005 but had a lot of problems with it. Thanks to everyone ! Happy New Year