Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida RV Parks

I agree with you with the weather in winter.. very similar to our Texas winter anywhere from 20 to 75 you never know... as for sand spurs I have never seen any of those but we are always on the front row and without a pet and only get to go there twice a year for a week or 10 days at a time and not in the winter time. It's without a doubt our whole families favourite place to go bar none !!

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Be advised in the Destin area you will have sand spurs, small spherical burrs that stick in your feet, shoes, pets feet, and bus carpet. The weather in winter will mostly be blowing cold.

I will never go back of my own volition.

JIM

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Be advised in the Destin area you will have sand spurs, small spherical burrs that stick in your feet, shoes, pets feet, and bus carpet. The weather in winter will mostly be blowing cold.

I will never go back of my own volition.

JIM
    Sand Spurs at their best in Destin.

Attached Images Attached Images

OUCH !! I have seen lots of those in grassy areas in parks but never in the sand... Is that a winter time thing there? Locally here
    they're called "stickers" and are usually in the grass. I would hate that!! They were in the grass all around our bus in Austin too I went out in bare feet but only once!!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Diane,

Didn't Larry make you go out in your bare feet at Austin?

Yes !! He always does that !!

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Diane,

Didn't Larry make you go out in your bare feet at Austin?

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Jim & all, I spent 4 years in USAF at Eglin AFB (down the road Ft Walton Beach) and have been back to area several times since, but last time was a shocker, with the built up status, just not the way it was in late 60's (oops showing age). Weather is sometimes unpredictable, but beach is FINE. I don't remember the sand burr problem, probably brought in by all the contractors....grrrrrrr

My opinion...Camping on the Beach was my kids' favorite park, as we went there three years running. Not one sandspur.

I all fairness, making it clear, the Sand Spurs were not found on "THE BEACH". They were though in the area between the beach and the highway.

JIM

Terry J. Sturgis Guest

If you are retired military or disabled vet, check out the Military Camping web site. We are on Patrick Air Force Base in the Manatee Cove campground. $440.00 a month water and electric. Lots of room. Been 70 to 80 degrees all month. On the Banana river and a 5 minute drive to the Ocean.

Keep in mind if your not retired Military, but disabled Military, the disability has to be 100% to gain access. You would think vets with a lessor disability would be allowed to use the facilities, but no way.