Thread: Rose Parade

Default Rose Parade

When I was a Kid, my parents took us down to Pasedena, California to watch the Rose Parade on New Years day. I am thinking this is a great idea . Has anyone been to the parade with their bus or know anything about parking overnight close to the route?
    My parents had a little truck camper and we were able to park right on the route and sit on top of the camper and watch the parade. I have no ideas if that is possible anymore.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

matsprt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by garyde
    When I was a Kid, my parents took us down to Pasedena, California to watch the Rose Parade on New Years day. I am thinking this is a great idea . Has anyone been to the parade with their bus or know anything about parking overnight close to the route?
    My parents had a little truck camper and we were able to park right on the route and sit on top of the camper and watch the parade. I have no ideas if that is possible anymore.
    Gary,

Funny you mentioned this, my DW was just talking about it today.

We were on the waiting list last year. It did not happen. You might be too late already for this Parade, but try calling these folks,

http://www.pasadena.com/rose_parade.asp#RVParking

They handle all the parking. There are 2 types of parking, one gets you close and one puts you on the route so you can watch from your bus. NOT MANY PLACES WILL TAKE A 45' BUS !! So there are limited choices. As I recall, getting close is $150 and on the route is $450 ?? Your also packed in like sardines, no slides allowed out, not room for awings, etc....your call.

Michael

Default I'll settle for.....

The $ part would be okay for an experience,,, but the packed in like sardines amongst a few hundred thousand people?????

65" plasma hi-def, lazy-boy recliner, commentary enhanced live by Dr. J Daniels....... sounds a lot better to me!!

But if you go, be sure to tell us how it played out...

Thanks for the info Michael. I'll call them on Monday. Its worth a try. Many people go down and tent overnight as well, but its cold and you feel kinda burned out the next day. Also, you can take tours of the floats being made the day before the parade which is really amazing because of the fragrance from all the flowers.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide