Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Service

That's all so crazy! My parents moved just down the road a spell when I was two years old. There was NOTHING there. Now it's just like a big city.

I am currently debating keeping ours there vs. building a barn. It seems that every time I spend a bunch of money (barn) something happens that I don't use it. Something closer to home would be great, but I can't find anything.

Karl,

Regardless of how you view your coach, as a hobby or just a vehicle you use for trips or vacations there is no substitute for having it a few paces from where you live (ideal), and it definitely needs to be secure and under cover. If you intend to become a hands on owner at some point a garage or barn to house it is almost a necessity.

The coaches we all have and enjoy have too many things that need attention, even if it is occasional, and being able to secure it is getting equally important because of the way the world is evolving. A person with the need to support a drug habit for example can find a remotely stored coach to be a never ending source of drug money by virtue of the items that can be stolen and sold or pawned. Even if insurance covers the expense, it is unlikely stuf will be removed without damage which is difficult if not impossible to repair in some instances.

Apart from all of that, there is no substitute for having the coach 15 paces away to simplify loading and unloading prior to and after a trip. Or being able to fill and dump tanks. or having it nearby as another bedroom or to have another refrigerator for holday food.

Sounds like you need to have a another conversation with the coach , let her know you were not really serious about going to a younger model. Seems she is a bit upset! Being stuck is no fun, but you picked a good place to be stuck. Hope all goes well.