Thread: Where's Truk4U

Welcome back Tom !!
    Truk4U name is in the member list.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Just got off the phone with Jim. It appears there are some serious concerns over recent business decisions that continue to need to be addressed. Jim told me he has reinstated Tom and will continue to have a positive outlook concerning the future of POG and Prevost Stuff. He is understandably confused as to the effect that Prevost Community will have on his business.

I think we should all encourage the sponsors and friends who are involved to try and work together in finding a solution that will ensure the integrity of our wonderful group.

Thanks Jim for taking the high road in this matter.

Not sure Larry. I do see that Truk4U is back on the member's list, but my concern is what isn't being said. The implications seem nefarious, but while I don't intend to leave POG, I know little to nothing about the new site being set up and don't like the idea of getting lost in the shuffle.

Good News !!

I believe that's what everyone wants !!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianE View Post
    Just got off the phone with Jim. It appears there are some serious concerns over recent business decisions that continue to need to be addressed. Jim told me he has reinstated Tom and will continue to have a positive outlook concerning the future of POG and Prevost Stuff. He is understandably confused as to the effect that Prevost Community will have on his business.

I think we should all encourage the sponsors and friends who are involved to try and work together in finding a solution that will ensure the integrity of our wonderful group.

Thanks Jim for taking the high road in this matter.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Yes, welcome back Tom and thanks Jim for reconsidering your recent decision.

Brian, I guess there is some truth to your home town name...Battle Ground, WA

Whatever the misunderstanding or the glitch was, the important thing is that Tom is back. I have one favor to ask of everyone.

PLEASE continue your POG membership. POG is who we are. POG is where our friends are. POG is the group Tom and I want to be associated with. We want to continue to help folks, to tease folks, to insult folks (you know who you are) and to visit with you. Support Jim and help him make POG bigger and better.

The site we are developing is not intended to be a group like POG. It is not intended to replace POG and it will not have the "family" atmosphere of POG. It is a global site that has a different purpose and if all goes well it will supplement POG anbd all the other specialk interest groups for Prevost coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Whatever the misunderstanding or the glitch was, the important thing is that Tom is back. I have one favor to ask of everyone.

PLEASE continue your POG membership. POG is who we are. POG is where our friends are. POG is the group Tom and I want to be associated with. We want to continue to help folks, to tease folks, to insult folks (you know who you are) and to visit with you. Support Jim and help him make POG bigger and better.
    I have no intention of ever leaving POG unless my friends and fellow members are treated unfairly by management. POG is the people that post here and participate in various POG functions (both official and unofficial). Without the unique mix of characters we have here, POG is just another forum with very limited appeal or value.

It would be troubling to me to think that POG management would be unable to see the big picture and realize the value added potential of a complementary site that addresses areas and fulfills needs unmet by our current forum. And to feel threatened by such a complentary venture to the extent that one would remove access from a loyal, very active, and beloved member is small indeed.

I'm not privy to exactly what transpired and have no need/right to know the details (I'm certain that it's none of my nusiness). However, it did not look good and momentarily shook my confidence in the professional judgement of board management just based on appearances.

But now with Truk's membership/name being reinstated, what is important is that (hopefully) this is all behind us and can quickly become a distant, albiet unpleasant/unsettling, memory.

And if I've inadvertantly misspoke about these events, i apologize and want you all to know that my comments and concerns were based entirely on observations from my admittedly uninformed position and were motivated solely by my respect and love for you all.

Wow, thanks so much for all the support. I just back home and got online and see that I'm back in the POG saddle. Thanks for the re-instatement Jim and if you get the urge to kick me off again, please call first, I've tried to contact you.

For me, POG has been a lifestyle change that I would never have seen coming. It all started in Polk City, FL at POG I, I believe with 11 buses and it has been a fantastic experience to date even with all the ups and downs. I can count many, many friends who I would never have had the pleasure of meeting, all because of POG and the Prevost addiction.

I won't babble on here, but Jon and I are off on a new adventure that will actually enhance POG and hopefully increase the membership. How many times have you been to a campground, visited with another Prevost owner who didn't have a clue what POG was all about and never heard of it? I've had many and always promote POG and will continue to do so. Our new adventure will put the POG name, as well as the other groups, in front of a national audience of Prevost interested folks.

OK, now on to other things like my holding tank sensors!

OK, I will jump. Haveing trouble telling if you are full of S%^&^%t OR NOT!!! With all the love I can muster, Bill
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

Glad you're back Trukman. I will also say that I don't intend to leave POG no matter how many other forums come on the web. Janet and I have made many friends over the years at various rallys and get togethers, and it's those people that make POG special.