Thread: A funny thing happened to me on the way to the DMV

Hybrid View

Just to throw another log in the fire on this thread, Ronald. What did the insurance company have to say about the bus insurance ? What year are you paying premiums on? If you leave this as is and enjoy your bus (Jon's point) maybe this is the time to be paying insurance on the year the DMV says.

Another point with Jon and Truk with all there buried dollars in coffee cans around the yard........this is not an issue as both being "self insured".

I always get this confused as the insurance company will write the policy for ..agreed value or depreciated value and give the bus owner the option. Of course policy premiums are based on the owners decision and the year of the bus.

These vehicle are built as an incomplete vehicle by Prevost. The conversion company then completes the vehicle, and issues the Title as a manufacturer. We have had success in California getting the year changed with a statement of facts, and an inspection. Your coach should have 2-placards, one from Prevost that will say that it is an incomplete vehicle, and a second from Techner showing the completion of the vehicle and model year. Every state is different in how they operate their DMV. I would recommend finding an independent Title company that handles vehicle registration in your state. They should be able to help you, and let you know if this will be possible in your home State. This is also a common problem that many other motorhomes have, including popular Class C models that are built on a incomplete van type chassis. Most DMV offices have a Vin decoder built into their computer systems, that will spell out the year based on the Vin number. They need to override this feature on these types of vehicles. Please feel free to call us if we can be of assistance (800) 460-7989.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Wow!
    Did I ever get beat up. I am going to go lick my wounds. I lost this one I really have to admit!
    I was trying to encourage Ronald but did not do a good enough job. I stand corrected.
    I do agree in retrospect that the buyer will be very tough on any negotiations....that is a great, great point. (2005 versus 2007 is huge under these thought processes).
    It would be interesting to me to know if the sellers of the coach advertised the coach as being a 2006 and then later changed the coach to a 2007 ?
    I am not a lawyer but do know that fraud is defined as the intential omission of a material fact....an obvious intent to deceive.
    Is a motor coach like a house where caveat emptor "let the buyer beware" prevails? Yet, even on a house in Texas you have to sign a statement that you are not aware of material defects, etc.
    Pres