Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TexasDrifters "Pneumatic Reliability Upgrade"

No 8 tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    See, Jon called me a pain in the ass, but to really experience that function, all you have to do is ride in a vehicle with him as his cassette tape booms out "the best of the Lennon sisters."

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Brian,

As you are aware I use my ears, a stethoscope, soapy water, my ultrasonic leak detector and finally the Tennessee Bubbler.

The bubbler never fails to find leaks, but is labor intensive and very time consuming. I use all other methods first because they are going to sort out the bigger leaks. But to achieve Hector's level of leak free the bubbler comes into play but unlike all other methods the only way to isolate leaks using the bubbler is to move progressively from fitting to fitting, device to device until you have identified and corrected all leaks. Using my coach as an example I have the bed lift and the dump valve actuators (2) on the same circuit. So I test the whole circuit and get bubbles. Then I have to go downstream to the next fitting and check again. I eventually will end up checking each circuit where it splits from the main supply and goes to each dump valve and the bed lift. Then whichever circuit shows leaks requires me to continue moving downstream until I am finally at the end device. Along the way I may have found 2 or three fittings (usually push in type) that had minor leaks and by the time I am at the end device or valve I may have cut the leak rate in half, but it still might leak 20 bubbles per minute at which point I have to decide if I am willing to replace a valve or if I am willing to accept that rate of leak.

I think Hector described having a leak free coach as obsessive, and I can say when you use the bubbler and know you have a leak you will want to deal with the leak. It must be like "crack".

Have fun.

I think Hector described having a leak free coach as obsessive, and I can say when you use the bubbler and know you have a leak you will want to deal with the leak. It must be like "crack".....................................

I am stunned to think Jon views my work as obsessive. Some people polish slack adjusters, other have a leak free coach. Which one would a coach owner want?

Hector

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

LEAK FREE!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Hector, WAY TO GO!!!

You know, of all the tihings I have to take care of on my bus, I don't have any "COPPER PIPES" to polish. Really makes me feal left out or maybe I own an inferior coach with nothing but plastic pipes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charlesebrownjr View Post
    You know, of all the tihings I have to take care of on my bus, I don't have any "COPPER PIPES" to polish. Really makes me feal left out or maybe I own an inferior coach with nothing but plastic pipes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have my people handle the details relating to polishing slack adjusters and copper pipes. Right now they are working to get a shine on the brass fittings going into the Norgren valves, and putting a little tire dressing on the air bags to make them look spiffy.

You cannot see my air leaks, but you can see the attention to detail on the mechanical side of my bus. The Liberty motto is "Put your Money Where It Shows". The CC motto is "Make it Leak Free"

Marathon has Kevin who is so fastidious about his coach that rumor has it he has a crew proceed ahead of the coach to wash and vacuum the highway so he does not get dust on his brake chambers.

Jon, I must say your last post was well worth my $100.00 membership fee. It's laughs like this that keep me checking the siite at least twice a day. Merry Christmas to all. :-)

Buddy,

I wasn't joking. Every word is true.

I saw Kevin's bus at POG X. Impressive and over the top in clean. Makes us Marathon owners proud.

I need to get after my copper pipes as there is not much to do on a Marathon.