Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TexasDrifters "Pneumatic Reliability Upgrade"

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Great job Hector! Isolating the step well slide is a good move, I just took the other route and decided to fix the leaking cylinder, but I won't do it again, I'm still sore in places I forgot about.

Attachment 9078
    Must be catching because you are still a pain in my ass.

Hi Hector
    I still need to return the tool that somehow ended up on my coach when you helped me. I lost you mailing address to send back to you. Congrats on the "leak free" coach, but I am not surprised. You have it figured out.

email me your address and the tool is on the way. Thanks

Good work Hector. After recently replacing all of the brake chambers, brake lines, and more to the point, airbags and Norgren valves, I've still got a serious leaner. I carefully checked each fitting and component after the job but obviously failed to get the system air tight. Since it's no worse than when I started, I will isolate the slide and seat after rechecking the entire system with Tom's electronic ears. What a simple and obvious (to you) fix for the most common leak sources. Thanks for sharing.

Brian,

From your post it could be interpreted as suggesting aux system leaks are contributing to the leans.

Because of the number of relatively new owners I believe the following bears repeating:

IF THE BUS AUXILIARY AIR SYSTEM PRESSURE DROPS TO ZERO THE BUS SHOULD NOT LEAN OR SETTLE DOWN AS LONG AS THE KEY IS OFF AND ANY AUTOMATIC LEVELING SYSTEM THAT IS ACTIVE WITH THE KEY OFF IS DISABLED.. This applies to any coach built after 1994 or 1995 that does not relase suspension air if the pressure drops below about 35 PSI.

Once a coach is leveled, and the key is turned off, the air in the air bags is "locked" in by virtue of the 5 port Norgren valves blocking air from entering or leaving their respective air bags. If a coach leans or drops there is a leak either through the five port Norgren valve related to the specific position (left rear, right rear, or front) or in the air bags or fittings associated with that position. The rear suspensions (there are two, a left and a right) have an additional valve, a 3 port Norgren between the tag axle air bags and the drive axle air bags that also could leak to atmosphere.

See, Jon called me a pain in the ass, but to really experience that function, all you have to do is ride in a vehicle with him as his cassette tape booms out "the best of the Lennon sisters."

Brian,

If you take the time to look over the "presentation recording" that is posted on POG (see link below), it will take the mystery out of how the suspension system works. This is a presentation on "How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work". The presentation is stored on my Webex server and last about an hour. It is a live presentation with discussions concerning the Prevost suspension system. If you have never used Webex before, it will ask to download a small viewer software package. The presentation is the last in a series of seminars given during January of this year. Once you load up the seminar, you will see other POG member names participating in the seminar.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...uspension-Work

After click the link above, go to the presentation link at the bottom of the page.

Also, for a hand on guy like yourself, building and using the Texas Bubbler will take the guess work out of leak detecting. If you need more info, PM me and will setup a telephone chat.

Good Luck!

Hector

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Must be catching because you are still a pain in my ass.
    Now that was way harsh.....

Paul,

Harsh, but true. All I get from him is abuse.

Way to go Hector. I'm sure it was a lot of work figuring it all out. Also, the belt tensioner, air bags under the A/C compressor, and the air bags under the generator can be a problem. On my coach, I also have the two slide out seals, air sliding doors, and a train horn!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jon, Hector, I knew that. Had a brain f***. Thanks for the wake up though and I'll review your forum Hector. Your bubbler is intriguing. Will give you a call if I don't find the leaks with my "ears".