Thread: Backup Camera Not Working

Default Backup Camera Not Working

Guess I needed something else to work on! Backup Monitor switched on with " No Signal Available" on screen, so proceeded to input signal from VCR into amplifier box in bedroom closet & still nothing? Amplifier bad or does the monitor have to be reprogrammed since house battery replacement? Any ideas ?

Is there two switches on your Vantare? I did that with ours. Also try making sure all of your outlet breakers are on in your central control panel. We couldn't get our backup monitor to come on and for some reason( after a lot of checking ) Donnie Myers found that it was powered from another breaker. Good luck! those types of problems are buggers!

Chris
    Chris
    2004 Featherlite Vantare H345
    H-2 Toad

I don't know about your coach but on ours the camera door on the back of the coach is "air" operated... if the door doesn't open the camera doesn't come on... you might want to check that you have your aux air on and good pressure.. Just a thought... that's how ours works... yours may be different. Be nice if it's that simple!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmax73 View Post
    Guess I needed something else to work on! Backup Monitor switched on with " No Signal Available" on screen, so proceeded to input signal from VCR into amplifier box in bedroom closet & still nothing? Amplifier bad or does the monitor have to be reprogrammed since house battery replacement? Any ideas ?

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Ours has only one switch(Front dash panel) for backup monitor. The camera is activated by an MDP breaker labeled "Devices w/o Switches". With all this activated the signal was input into the amplifier & only the " No Signal Available" on backup monitor was displayed which is always their. Do you have a remote control for your monitor? I was told that this remote was needed to reprogram the monitor whenever power was totally removed from the monitor? Thanks Chris.

Larry, the camera door does open electrically and works fine. Thanks for that thought!

I was hoping you would have a simple fix... we have replaced our monitor.. we have a 10" flat screen TV built in now and we just change the input. For some reason our camera door is air operated.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Noticed your toad is a suburban, what type braking system do u have, any mods to the toad for towing & what would you change abt your setup? I`m looking for a suburban now for toad.
    Last edited by Zmax73; 11-29-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmax73 View Post
    Ours has only one switch(Front dash panel) for backup monitor. The camera is activated by an MDP breaker labeled "Devices w/o Switches". With all this activated the signal was input into the amplifier & only the " No Signal Available" on backup monitor was displayed which is always their. Do you have a remote control for your monitor? I was told that this remote was needed to reprogram the monitor whenever power was totally removed from the monitor? Thanks Chris.
    How did you fair with the backup camera situation? There is also one other component buried in the dash you may not be aware of: a Niles Audio brand video switcher, activated by the "Camera/Nav" switch on the right-hand dash. I have seen either this switcher or the connections to it be bad, resulting in an interruption of the video signal to the 10.4" monitor's video input card. Of course, if you were to take the dash up and plug another monitor into the cable going into the back of the existing Computer Dynamics commercial monitor, you would know if you have video through the cabling, the distribution amp, and the video switcher to the monitor's input. BE VERY CAREFULL if you attempt to pull the dash up to access the back of the monitor...there are ribbon cables that always seem to be tied up too tight that are easy to pull off and render certain sections of the dash switches inop, as well as the cable that connects the programming tool you mentioned earlier to the monitor control board, and the connector to the dash dimmer knob. The camera is 12v-powered, the monitor has a computer switching power supply that powers it from a 120v outlet buried behind it in the dash. If you get the "no input signal" message, the switching power supply or the 120v outlet are working and ruled out as a problem cause, but not the video input board on the back of the monitor...that DOES have a relatively higher failure rate. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

Thanks Ben! I`m planning to follow your instructions this wknd & check this out further. My latest problem is the Aquahot which I`m sure you can help with. Prior to replacing the flame detector I could turn both stateroom & gallery temp control thermostats to Heat & all floor units would blow nice warm air but since the replacement they won`t turn on. I`ve visually checked all wiring & tested fuses inside the burner unit cabinet for any loose connections. I`m waiting on the fuel nozzle to arrive to hopefully stop the continuous white smoke problem also. Any thoughts Ben ?

I'm not sure if we have a remote for our monitor. I'll have to look. Good luck !
    Chris
    2004 Featherlite Vantare H345
    H-2 Toad

Thanks Chris.