Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member..and soon new owner of a 2001 Liberty

Default New member..and soon new owner of a 2001 Liberty

A shout out that my wife and I will be picking up our Liberty next week and we are looking forward to meeting and learning from each of you in our new journey experience.

I made contact with Lloyd Williams last week about some of his blogs and posting he has made on the POG. He was full of useful information and recommendations. My conversation with him was very encouraging and has resulted in my posting. Lloyd encouraged me to "just jump in the water", begin posting and begin the journey, enjoy the experience of making lasting friendships and be amazed how helpful everyone is to one another in the POG.

Suggestions and words of wisdom is always welcome.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Odie: Welcome to POG. You picked THE Premium coach when you chose your Liberty. Be sure to get Troy's number in your phone when you pick up your coach. He can answer nearly any question you will ever have about a Liberty.

Welcome Odie,

This is a great group, and we are glad to have you. Jump in and post anything. There are a few on here who can actually help, the rest of us are just here to confuse the issue. One suggestion is to go in and edit your signature to list your names, bus converter, towed, and any other pertinent information. It helps all of us in the future to know what you are dealing with. Welcome aboard.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Thanks for the quick response. My goal was to select a coach that had a great reputation as a quality product, great service and a strong support group. My experience with the Liberty folks in Stuart from Dave, Robin, Troy and Jeff has been very positive. I'll be sure to get Troy's number. We are looking forward to spending time in Stuart learning about the coach and getting on the road.

Oh ...look at all these Liberty guys just jumping up and down as they have another bus. Odie, after all the Liberty guys give you advice, might double check with the Marathon guys.
    We are sort of hard to find as there are not many repair posts, usually all we need is fuel and a wash, we're good to go.
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 11-25-2011 at 04:48 PM.

I figured I had to walk before I could run with the Big Dogs.....

Welcome to a great place to find several correct answers to your questions. It will be the best 40 bucks you will ever spend.
    On a more serious note, the information garnered here will be helpful in many ways. (you be the judge)

You are about to embark on a journey that will give you fond memories for a life time! Drive safe and tell troy and Dave I said hello. Gary

Al,Tell us WHAT is going on at Marathon,they have almost stopped production and they only have 4 used unsold coaches on their website,I don't count consignments.I can't believe that they could cover the overhead without building 30 or more a year,will they survive?

I have no idea Jack. We did attend the Marathon Washington DC rally the last week of Sept. I came away with the impression that there were no more spec coaches.

Maybe someone on POG has been in Coberg for service could comment ?